Customer Service 866.965.0400

Have a lint issue with some Adams single and double soft towels... help!

joeybsyc

Question

I have about a half dozen (maybe more) Adams towels that have this issue and I've tried just about everything i can think of to stop it.  When I wipe my black car i can see thousands of tiny fibers shedding from the towel and clinging to the body.   My paint is smooth, and I don't have this issue with other towels, nor do I have it with ALL of my Adams towels.  The towels are not stained or worn, I've tried washing them in woolite, Tide, and even plain water... I've tried treating and pre-treating them with Adams revitalizer, tried boiling them for 10-15 min at a time,  tried air drying them, drying them on low heat in the dryer, and even hand washed them, but whenever they dry out and i use them again, i get the exact same issue with the "micro-lint" that seems to static cling to my car and needs to be removed with a different towel.  I'm using them with detail spray, and they have never been used for waxes, chemicals, or anything else that would degrade the fibers prematurely.

To clarify this post, I'm not "bashing" Adams products, as i DO have some towels that work fine with no special treatment, but for the life of me I can't seem to get about 6 or 7 of them to stop shedding.  They've done this since new, and as noted above, they still DO look like new, as they've only wiped about one panel before I notice the lint and proceed with the next wash/lint removal attempt.   I'm betting I'm not the only person who's ever had this issue, and am hoping there's an easy fix to it that I'm missing.   Is there a known bad batch of these, or is there a simple solution?    Any help would be appreciated!  -Joe

Edited by joeybsyc

I have 4 Single soft towels, all purchased at different times.... 

Right when i took it out of the packaging, man they were SUPER SOFT, washed it with the Adams MF cleaner, it turned a bit rougher, not as soft, and after i wash them for the 2nd time. They feel so rough, that i am afraid to use it on my paint. They have been sitting, collecting dust now.

But strangely , 1 out of the 4 towels i have, remained SOFT like how it was BRAND NEW, right out of packaging. The other 3 is just out of my sight now....