Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glaze after Machine Sealant?

NS370Z

Question

I was wondering why you glaze after the machine sealant and not the other way around? Wouldn't the glaze process ruin or partially ruin the sealant layer? I have the paint clayed and fine machined polished and I'm wondering what my next steps will be. I think sealant, glaze then Americana. How many of you use the PC for applying glaze? Thanks

3 answers to this question

Like Tom said, sealants have to bond to bare paint. The process of sealant, glaze, wax that you said is correct. Glaze will not hurt the sealant later if it is on top of it. If it is underneath, once the glaze breaks down, the sealant has nothing left to adhere to. The longevity of your protection is determined by the bottom-most layer.

Just know that if you are using MSS, you should wait 12 hours after removing the residue before putting down the glaze/wax. MSS tends to outgas extra residue during this time. Simply come back over the car with a clean towel and a mist of DS or WW before laying down glaze/wax. This combo will give you 6 months of protection and the dripping wet shine.