Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just had the wash/clay/swirls removed/sealant/glaze/patriort wax, now what to maintain?

cammyfive

Question

First time poster, long time reader...  I finally had my 2012 Veloster fully detailed by a fellow forum member here at his shop with the FULL Adams regiment.  Now that my car is literally as perfect as I think is possible, how often should it be "polished" or the Patriot Wax reapplied?  I bought most of the basic wash/dry kit from Adams (2 buckets/2 mits/shampoo/all purpose cleaner/VRT/GW towel and new detail spray) and plan on doing a careful wash/dry this Sunday and once a week from here on out.  My question is this, when will it need to be repolished, resealed and another coat of Patriot done?

6 answers to this question

It will depend on if it is parked inside or out on the timing. My guess is if you wash with the 2 bucket system you will need a re-wax in about 3 months, maybe polish and seal in 6 months.

I typically polish every spring and seal spring & fall with an extra wax mid summer. Would love to have a heated place to work for the winter, but I don't.

Have fun and enjoy the shine!

Your coat of sealant will last around 6 months, and the coat of wax on top of it should last 2-3. Give or take depending on storage/driving conditions. You won't need to add another coat the wax until at least a month down the road, and remember, less is more. If you have too many coats you can actually start to cloud up the look of the finish. If you live where it snows, you may want to consider stripping the protection towards the end of the year and applying fresh sealant/wax before the winter starts, to keep your nicely polished paint protected from the harsh sand/salt combos on the roads.

You will only need to re-polish when you start seeing swirls that you cannot live with. If you follow proper washing techniques you shouldn't have to do any more than just a single pass with the PFP next year.

Make sure you check out the videos on washing drying and maintaining and if you have any more questions feel free to ask away

Some good advice already posted here. I would keep in touch with that awesome Adams dealer/detailer who got your ride shining right. He'll make sure you're on the right path to properly maintain everything.

And welcome to the forum!