Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2-Step Paint Correction System Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

This week we released for presale our new Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, and Microfiber pad system. The videos below are part of a larger series that will be released later this month with even more new products and tools.

Some basic FAQ questions that have come up so far:

Does this replace the old SSR, SHR, and FMP system?

Yes. The new 2 step system is more effective and faster.

Are you discontinuing foam pads?

No. Adam's foam pads will still be sold. The only pad being discontinued is the green pad since Severe Swirl Remover is no longer needed/offered.

Will the new polishes work with my current foam pads?

Yes. The foam pads are not changing. The same orange and white foam pads you currently use can be used with the new system.

Which is better, microfiber or foam?

There is no one size fits all answer. Different conditions call for different pads, we suggest watching the videos below and perhaps trying both systems to see what works better for you. Each system has pros and cons.

Can you use the old polish system with the new microfiber pads?

Yes. While the results may not be consistent or as effective as the new polishes, the current polishes can be used with the new system.

Will there be a 4" version of the microfiber pads?

Yes. Look for the 4" microfiber system to be released near the end of June - beginning of July.

How do I clean my Microfiber pads?

Adam's Microfiber Cutting and Microfiber Finishing pads are machine washable! Start by using the pad brush to break up any caked on polish from the fibers. If very dense polish contamination is on the pads surface spray a few squirts of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener into the face of the pad and agitate lightly. Wash on a warm (not hot) setting separate from all other materials (including your microfiber towels).

Air dry the pads somewhere clean and with plenty of airflow. If faster drying is needed the pads can be machine dried, be sure to use no fabric softener and the lowest heat setting possible.

EDIT 7/1 - Replaced the individual videos with a single playlist link below.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

225 answers to this question

Not to be too much of a nerd but mathematically speaking... two round 4" diameter pads is less surface area than a single round 6" diameter pad.

True, but I mean in terms of path of movements. If you hold the machine upright and move vertically its hitting nearly 9" across during that movement. Turn the machine sideways and make the same movement an you have a 4" wide path. 

Does the revive polish fit in here anywhere? I still have some revive with machine tan color or the newer revive to be done by hand blue color. Just wandering?

Revive is recommended for hand applications. It doesn't have any real substantial correcting power. It can be used with polishing pads if you like, but the correcting ability will be mostly the pad and very little to do with the Revive as it acts more like a paint cleanser than a correction product. 

How do I clean my Microfiber pads?

Adam's Microfiber Cutting and Microfiber Finishing pads are machine washable! Start by using the pad brush to break up any caked on polish from the fibers. If very dense polish contamination is on the pads surface spray a few squirts of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener into the face of the pad and agitate lightly. Wash on a warm (not hot) setting separate from all other materials (including your microfiber towels).

Air dry the pads somewhere clean and with plenty of airflow. If faster drying is needed the pads can be machine dried, be sure to use no fabric softener and the lowest heat setting possible.

You know, as I was hand washing the white Microfiber pad yesterday, I wondered if they'd hold up in the washing machine. I cleaned the pad with APC just as I do the foam, might try the Microfiber Revitalizer and Brightener next time. A lot of black dye bled off, I'm going to hand wash them until the running dye stops, then give it a try.

Edited by BRZN

Priming any pad is important to get good results.

Instead of saturating it with DS tey this.

Take what product that you are using , put small pea size drops over the pad ,work the product in well, let sit for about half hour, then take a pad cleaning brush and remove excess product, then add three small pea size drops and then begin to polish, adding product as needed, make sure to clean the pad after each panel.

You can mist it with water to help for longer working times, or DS. It not recommend by myself, I prefer misting with water.

I've used this method for awhile now and must say I get the results I'm looking for.

This is only my personal option.

Kevin

I received my Flex and 2step today, can't wait till I can sneak out of work this week and try it out. Want to have my Monte ready for Back to you 50's this weekend. Can't be seen in a car with Adam's decals not looking perfect.

Does the revive polish fit in here anywhere? I still have some revive with machine tan color or the newer revive to be done by hand blue color. Just wandering?

When I did my Magnum this past weekend I used the Paint Correcting Polish and an Orange Hex-Grip applicator followed up with Revive Hand Polish and a Blue Hex-Grip applicator in the areas The Flex couldn't reach; A-Pillars, behind door handles, inside tailgate release, around rear wiper arm on tail gate, and a few spots on the front bumper.

Priming any pad is important to get good results.

Instead of saturating it with DS tey this.

Take what product that you are using , put small pea size drops over the pad ,work the product in well, let sit for about half hour, then take a pad cleaning brush and remove excess product, then add three small pea size drops and then begin to polish, adding product as needed, make sure to clean the pad after each panel.

You can mist it with water to help for longer working times, or DS. It not recommend by myself, I prefer misting with water.

I've used this method for awhile now and must say I get the results I'm looking for.

This is only my personal option.

Kevin

Really? The two times I've used the new Microfiber pads now I saw no need to do anything special to prime the pads and didn't spray the pads with Detail Spray at all during the entire process. Each time I started a new panel; fender, door, rear quarter, etc... I simply placed another large X of Polish to the pad face and went to work.

I'll let my results speak for themselves:

IMG_6125resize_zps3a8d0251.jpg

Awesome results in less time than with the foam pads on this car!

When I did my Magnum this past weekend I used the Paint Correcting Polish and an Orange Hex-Grip applicator followed up with Revive Hand Polish and a Blue Hex-Grip applicator in the areas The Flex couldn't reach; A-Pillars, behind door handles, inside tailgate release, around rear wiper arm on tail gate, and a few spots on the front bumper.

Really? The two times I've used the new Microfiber pads now I saw no need to do anything special to prime the pads and didn't spray the pads with Detail Spray at all during the entire process. Each time I started a new panel; fender, door, rear quarter, etc... I simply placed another large X of Polish to the pad face and went to work.

I'll let my results speak for themselves:

IMG_6125resize_zps3a8d0251.jpg

Awesome results in less time than with the foam pads on this car!

In a way laying down an X is sort of like priming, maybe youre just not working it into the pad?

Looks very nice BTW

Kevin

Question

Are you saying you have to add a large X of product for each section?

That's a lot of product IMO

I like to use an X of product to begin on the foam pads then 3 pea size drops from then on with a quick priming each time.

With the microfiber pads I will put on a circle of the product with no priming. From there I will add 4 pea size drops in a square pattern (sometimes less depending on the size of the panel) making sure to place them in different areas on the pad each time.

I don't care for priming the microfiber pads at all. Everyone has their preferred method. Whatever works for each person, machine and vehicle though.

In a way laying down an X is sort of like priming, maybe youre just not working it into the pad?

Looks very nice BTW

Kevin

Question

Are you saying you have to add a large X of product for each section?

That's a lot of product IMO

Laying down the X of product isn't anything like priming the foam pad, and no, I'm not working the product into the pad underneath the microfiber cover. I wasn't about to saturate the microfiber by getting product into the foam backing, that would seem like a waste of product. I wanted the product on the microfiber only.

Yes, each time I started on another panel; fender, door, rear quarter panel, bumper, I placed an X of product on the microfiber's surface. Did it three or four times on the hood, countless times on the large roof of the wagon and once again for the tailgate. These pads (the way I did it) use more product than the foam ones. I thought the results were phenomenal!

IMG_6127resize_zpsbe33f67d.jpg

Laying down the X of product isn't anything like priming the foam pad, and no, I'm not working the product into the pad underneath the microfiber cover. I wasn't about to saturate the microfiber by getting product into the foam backing, that would seem like a waste of product. I wanted the product on the microfiber only.

Yes, each time I started on another panel; fender, door, rear quarter panel, bumper, I placed an X of product on the microfiber's surface. Did it three or four times on the hood, countless times on the large roof of the wagon and once again for the tailgate. These pads (the way I did it) use more product than the foam ones. I thought the results were phenomenal!

IMG_6127resize_zpsbe33f67d.jpg

Yeah, seems like a lot more product compared to the older stuff.

No more 3 pea size drops it appears.

Kevin

But on Dylans video it seems he only had to add a little product then spead on finish then a little more then began his polishing.

Is it required to add a large X for each section?

Anyone else do this?

Seems like an awful lot of product for each section.

After about the second time you added an X you pretty much primed it at this point IMO

When I prime I put about 6-8 pea size drops then work it in but then only use 3-4 drops per section.

Everyone is different, it's OK as long as you get good results.

A bottel sure must not last long correcting a large truck let's say.

Edited by MrHot88

I like to use an X of product to begin on the foam pads then 3 pea size drops from then on with a quick priming each time.

With the microfiber pads I will put on a circle of the product with no priming. From there I will add 4 pea size drops in a square pattern (sometimes less depending on the size of the panel) making sure to place them in different areas on the pad each time.

I don't care for priming the microfiber pads at all. Everyone has their preferred method. Whatever works for each person, machine and vehicle though.

I like the idea of only adding 3-4 pea size drops on the pad compared to an X for each section.

With other MF systems the DA (Griots, PC, Megs..)seems to perform better than the Flex , while with foam the Flex is better.  How is the Flex -vs-  DA with Adams MF pads. ? I ordered the new 2-step with both pads. But curious with others experiences

With other MF systems the DA (Griots, PC, Megs..)seems to perform better than the Flex , while with foam the Flex is better. How is the Flex -vs- DA with Adams MF pads. ? I ordered the new 2-step with both pads. But curious with others experiences

Great question

Edited by MrHot88

With other MF systems the DA (Griots, PC, Megs..)seems to perform better than the Flex , while with foam the Flex is better.  How is the Flex -vs-  DA with Adams MF pads. ? I ordered the new 2-step with both pads. But curious with others experiences

I haven't found a MF pad that I liked with Flex. But everyone has their own preference. I'd say try it and see if you like it or not.

Great question

FWIW the Flex 3401 VRG is a DA; it has forced rotation and oscillates. Dual Action...

Having invested about $2k in the last 60 days with Adam's products, it was a swift kick in the nuts to hear about this new 2-step product that has been in the works for over a year.

Thanks guys.

Sounds like you amassed a pretty impressive collection though. Make sure to follow Adam's on facebook to get the jump on stuff in the works.  :)

Having invested about $2k in the last 60 days with Adam's products, it was a swift kick in the nuts to hear about this new 2-step product that has been in the works for over a year.

Thanks guys.

Hopefully the products you bought will work for you do you don't have to buy more.

It may not go to waste.

Good luck

If its working for you then by all means use it all up, no sense in throwing money away.

Kevin

And like I said earlier, some things just aren't available in America and that is completely out of Adam's control. It forces them to look elsewhere for certain products like the Flex and microfiber. However they would rather support a reputable manufacturer like Flex than a company who is outsourcing parts made from borderline slave labor.

The Cyclo polisher which will be "replacing" the PC is 100% made in America and has been for 60 years. It will be available soon from Adam's.

And like I said earlier, some things just aren't available in America and that is completely out of Adam's control. It forces them to look elsewhere for certain products like the Flex and microfiber. However they would rather support a reputable manufacturer like Flex than a company who is outsourcing parts made from borderline slave labor.

The Cyclo polisher which will be "replacing" the PC is 100% made in America and has been for 60 years. It will be available soon from Adam's.

I'll say I'm happy that Adam is at least trying

Not to mention the Cyclo is a fine machine.

Some still have concerns of the three hundred dollar tool, but like anything else, you must pay if you want the best.

Edited by MrHot88