Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2-Step Paint Correction System Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

This week we released for presale our new Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, and Microfiber pad system. The videos below are part of a larger series that will be released later this month with even more new products and tools.

Some basic FAQ questions that have come up so far:

Does this replace the old SSR, SHR, and FMP system?

Yes. The new 2 step system is more effective and faster.

Are you discontinuing foam pads?

No. Adam's foam pads will still be sold. The only pad being discontinued is the green pad since Severe Swirl Remover is no longer needed/offered.

Will the new polishes work with my current foam pads?

Yes. The foam pads are not changing. The same orange and white foam pads you currently use can be used with the new system.

Which is better, microfiber or foam?

There is no one size fits all answer. Different conditions call for different pads, we suggest watching the videos below and perhaps trying both systems to see what works better for you. Each system has pros and cons.

Can you use the old polish system with the new microfiber pads?

Yes. While the results may not be consistent or as effective as the new polishes, the current polishes can be used with the new system.

Will there be a 4" version of the microfiber pads?

Yes. Look for the 4" microfiber system to be released near the end of June - beginning of July.

How do I clean my Microfiber pads?

Adam's Microfiber Cutting and Microfiber Finishing pads are machine washable! Start by using the pad brush to break up any caked on polish from the fibers. If very dense polish contamination is on the pads surface spray a few squirts of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener into the face of the pad and agitate lightly. Wash on a warm (not hot) setting separate from all other materials (including your microfiber towels).

Air dry the pads somewhere clean and with plenty of airflow. If faster drying is needed the pads can be machine dried, be sure to use no fabric softener and the lowest heat setting possible.

EDIT 7/1 - Replaced the individual videos with a single playlist link below.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

i order with some other goodies!

Adam's 7" Foam Polishing Pad System 1 $19.95 $19.95   POL-COMBO NEW! Adam's Paint Correcting & Paint Finishing Polish Combo 1 $54.95 $54.95   TAPE-1PK Adam's Professional Detailer's Masking Tape-1 Roll 1 $7.95 $7.95   MSS-16 Adam's Machine Super Sealant-16 oz 1 $24.95 $24.95   PAD-7GY-1PD Adam's Machine Super Sealant & Waxing Pad-1 Pad 1 $12.95 $12.95   BP-7-PC Adam's Premium PC Backing Plate-For Porter Cable

just order the porter off ebay for 110 shipped!

cant wait

I am surprised no one has mentioned that the PC will not be sold anymore.  Glad to hear they are still supporting it. 

You bring up an excellent point, Jim.  Those of us who purchased our PCs through Adam's got a lifetime warranty on them.  I wonder if/how that's affected when they no longer sell them...?

What is the difference between the buff and shine microfiber pads and the Adam's pads? They look exactly the same to me, but I have not used either so I can't be sure.

The only cosmetic difference I see is that the polishing mf pad has a white velcro area whereas the buff and shine one is black.

Edited by ihaveacamaro

What is the difference between the buff and shine microfiber pads and the Adam's pads? They look exactly the same to me, but I have not used either so I can't be sure.

The only cosmetic difference I see is that the polishing mf pad has a white velcro area whereas the buff and shine one is black.

I've used both of them this weekend and cutting pads are the same. Finishing pads are a bit different, Adam's pad is a bit stiffer.

I'm wondering the same thing?! Any videos Dylan?!

There are Cyclo videos, but they won't be published until the machine and the 4" microfiber pads are available for sale, probably by the end of the month.

You bring up an excellent point, Jim.  Those of us who purchased our PCs through Adam's got a lifetime warranty on them.  I wonder if/how that's affected when they no longer sell them...?

Your warranty shouldn't be affected. Adam's still supports the machine, they just cannot sell them since they are now made in China.

I'll see this car this weekend and I won't forget my camera this time.

Here are my thought on new polishes so far.

Paint Correction Polish performs as advertised, it cuts much better than SSR with MF cutting pad. On foam pads I wasn’t getting the cut that I was hoping for, I only used it with 4” orange pads on PCXP, SSR did a better job on all tight spots but I’ll need to play with it a bit more.

Paint Finishing Polish I was having issues with. Not sure if it was me or just soft sticky paint but I couldn’t get it to finish down with MF finishing pad. So I switched to foam white followed by red. I’m sure that with more time I’ll be able to get it down.

It looks like these two new polishes and the microfiber pads will be in my next order very soon.  Great work on the videos.  Like mentioned earlier, these are no BS videos and I love that.

Slightly off topic but I noticed that Adam spreads the polish out thinly and then goes right over the gaps between panels without any buildup.  I feel like a dummy but does everyone do this?  Does it only work with the bigger gaps? 

Slightly off topic but I noticed that Adam spreads the polish out thinly and then goes right over the gaps between panels without any buildup.  I feel like a dummy but does everyone do this?  Does it only work with the bigger gaps? 

Start with the areas away from the panel gaps first, then work towards the gaps.  The polish should be absorbed into the pad (or pads if you are using a Cyclo!) by then and won't go into the gaps.  You may still have some residue to wipe out of those areas when you complete all the steps.   

I'll see this car this weekend and I won't forget my camera this time.

Here are my thought on new polishes so far.

Paint Correction Polish performs as advertised, it cuts much better than SSR with MF cutting pad. On foam pads I wasn’t getting the cut that I was hoping for, I only used it with 4” orange pads on PCXP, SSR did a better job on all tight spots but I’ll need to play with it a bit more.

Paint Finishing Polish I was having issues with. Not sure if it was me or just soft sticky paint but I couldn’t get it to finish down with MF finishing pad. So I switched to foam white followed by red. I’m sure that with more time I’ll be able to get it down.

I would say that it was probably the combination of the soft paint and the microfiber pads.  I've read that foam finishes down a lot better than microfiber pads.  Also, that's demonstrated in the video of Adam using the Flex on the door of the Jeep.

Start with the areas away from the panel gaps first, then work towards the gaps.  The polish should be absorbed into the pad (or pads if you are using a Cyclo!) by then and won't go into the gaps.  You may still have some residue to wipe out of those areas when you complete all the steps.   

Thanks for the reply, Michael!

On the claying video,  Adam mentioned to leave the Detail Spray lubricant on the paint and there was no reason to remove before polishing.  Has this always been the case?  I thought the best practice was to wash after claying.  If there is no harm with polishing over top or removing with a towel I would much rather go that route.

On the claying video,  Adam mentioned to leave the Detail Spray lubricant on the paint and there was no reason to remove before polishing.  Has this always been the case?  I thought the best practice was to wash after claying.  If there is no harm with polishing over top or removing with a towel I would much rather go that route.

The only time I wash after claying is if there is a TON of crap I pull off of the paint.  Like my brother's Escalade EXT.  I went through 2/3 of the Adam's clay bar on his truck, each panel was horrible.

I like to remove the clay residue w/ Revive if I'm not going to be machine polishing.