Customer Service 866.965.0400

DWC as decon

DrBlockHed

Question

So I'm going about totally correcting a white TA, it def has some iron deposits, I know Iron X is a good decon, can DWC also be used as a decon also on paint?  

Has anyone ever used it before?  What were your results?

I already have a bottle ready to go!

Thanks

12 answers to this question

People have posted their positive results using it as a decon spray.

DWC is clear coat safe and will work fine.

Personally I would use it on a wet car. Once you wash it, then sheet rinse it, but don't dry completely. This is how I do it with other sprays/gels I have used.

I washed my car completely and then sprayed this on the bottom half of the car while still wet.  Personally I saw very little happening, but I believe that's because I'm VERY vigilant at washing the car right after snow storms and drive mostly highway which means less contamination has a chance of sticking.  

Chris

Sprayed directly onto the car after washing and sheet-rinsing. Dwelled for about 3-4 minutes, rinsed clean off. Noticeably easier claying and less contaminants in the clay - clay bar lasted longer.

dwc2.jpg

Just to add to whats already been said -

Yes it can be used for paint decon. I use it full strength for spot decontaminations to speed it up, but if you plan on doing an 'all over' treatment dilute it to be safe. The reaction will happen slower the more water thats introduced into the mix, but if you're working in larger areas its better to have it cut down slightly to avoid any potential issues from it drying on the surface. 

I'm going to have to do the entire car, would u recommend a 1:1 after drying or just keeping the car wet after washing?

I kept the car wet after washing, a. to help dilute DWC, and b. because it's going to get wet again anyway when you rinse the DWC off. Just work in sections (1 or 2 panels at a time) so it doesn't have a chance to dry. Make sure you rinse it off thoroughly before moving on to another section.