Customer Service 866.965.0400

What happened to my Americana?

JHL88

Question

i opened up my Americana today and it looked a little funky

post-5155-0-70585500-1370199363_thumb.jpg

post-5155-0-77775800-1370199390_thumb.jpg

when i grazed my hand lightly over the wax it felt like it was dried up.  I rubbed it considerably harder and it became moist like a wax should feel but it wasn't the same as before.  You guys think that its salvageable?  

10 answers to this question

It looks okay to me...where was it stored? When was the last time you used it? Mine has looked like that before and once I agitated it with the applicator it looked like new again.

It looks okay to me...where was it stored? When was the last time you used it? Mine has looked like that before and once I agitated it with the applicator it looked like new again.

i keep all my adam's stuff in my laundry closet with the door closed.  i used it maybe 2 months ago.  Last time i cracked it open was to boil it in water to make it uniform in the container.  about a month ago.  i was thinking i didn't put the lid on all the way or something because it has the old style hard to open ones.  

Mine looks almost exactly like that.

I did not heat mine and let it cool ..never had to and I store my products and a 60 degree dry shelf in my basement.

Once agitated it should come back to life and like Gerry stated you will get the same results when used.

Looks OK from the pics. 

If you rub your finger on the surface for a few moments do you get any liquified wax coming off the on your finger? 

yea, if i rub it back and forth with some pressure.  if i lightly rub it it feels dry

Should be OK... I'd be willing to bet with the melt/reform it evaporated some of the moisture out of the wax. Not the end of the world, might make it take a little longer to 'liquify' to apply it. If it becomes problematic to apply LMK and we'll go from there. 

The first pot I 'killed' felt like that towards the last couple of applications, but it still went on/came off fine.