Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mini Turbo Stick/Clearance Detail Sticks

07RS4

Question

I made an order over the Memorial Day weekend for the Clearance Detail Sticks, Mini Turbo Stick, MB Sidekick and some Tape. 

I hesitantly bought the Mini Turbo stick because to be honest, I really didn't enjoy using the larger one because of the size.  On two of my vehicles it couldn't get in between the barrell and the caliper, and I always had to use either the Woolies or the Daytona Jr.  I actually forgot that Adam's released the Mini Turbo stick, but I found it while browsing the site.  Well, I used it tonight on the van's wheels for the first time.  Lets just say I was more than pleased with it, and actually found myself really enjoying it, unlike the larger one.

Positives:

1. The shaft is smaller, so it makes it very flexible.  You can manipulate it better than the larger one which is a bit rigid.  It also fit well between the barrell and caliper, and also the rear break dust cover. 

2.  Just as affective as the larger one in terms of coverage, just in a smaller package.

3. Cleaning is a breeze...rinse off with drill on low speed, dry on high speed.

Negatives:

1. None yet.

Here's a comparison shot:

TurboStickComparison_zpsa7f463c4.jpg

I haven't used the smaller detail sticks yet, but if you have thought about ordering the ones on clearance, here is how they stack up against the ones that Adam's revamped.  Obviously the ones they released are larger and of better quality, but the others are a bargain at 15 for $6.

Comparison:

DetailStickComparison_zpsc602e862.jpg

I bought the Sidekick even though I have a wall mounted Air Force Blaster, just because sometimes you dont' feel like dragging out a 30 Ft hose.  I must say that thing has got some serious nuts behind it.  If your using it just to get the nook and cranny's, and not dry the entire car, it's a beast.  Get it...through Adam's, because you can't beat the lifetime warranty.  

The tape...haven't tried that yet, but the roll I recieved seems of high quality.

6 answers to this question

The clearance swabs are definitely a steal. A 4" handle is long enough for most situations, and the only other difference really is the shape of the tip. I just grabbed some and can't wait to try them out on my air vents - up until now I've been using regular cotton swabs and swearing a lot.

I can't say enough how sweet a deal the "irregular" tire dressing applicators are guys.  They are darn near retail.  Adams obviously scrutinizes their products hard.  I am VERY happy with the four I ordered.  

Edit:  Not trying to hijack thread!  Sorry.  Just so happy with the ones I got I want to help others too!

Edited by IrishCurse

Thanks for the great review! My friend Ben, Inventor of said Turbostick and Mini, will be pleased and grateful for the praise! I find myself a lot lately using them off the drill in conjunction with the other Wheel tools we sell. Believe it or not, they clean well without power too!

You should Love the tape man! Restickable a bunch, and the semi transparency makes getting as close to the edge as possible EASY.

The "abnormal" Pro Tire Sponges....YES, you are all darn right we scrutinize that closely and more!

With the Detailing Swabs, I find shooting some TID into it over the Utility Towel, then pinching the head, can get it clean quickly!