Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carshow windshield sticker

Thorsager

Question

I am entered in a carshow near the end of June. Today they sent me a sticker to place on the driverside windshield. I need this to enter the showfield and to be judged. I'm a little concerned on how to remove it after the show. Do I use the hairdryer method followed by adhesive remover? The sticker looks like it might be a problem and also has a lot of slits through it. Has anyone encountered these?

15 answers to this question

Carlisle GM Nationals?

Heat it up with a hair dryer/heat gun, use a plastic razor blade to scrape it off (stupid cheap, like five bucks for a 25 pack on ebay), 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner to dissolve the glue left behind, and a towel that you don't care about.

Constantly flip the towel to a fresh side, as the glue will now be in the fibers and you don't want to wipe it back onto the window. Use the cleaner until you are certain no glue is left on the window, then go over the area with GC or WW with a clean towel

Carlisle GM Nationals?

Heat it up with a hair dryer/heat gun, use a plastic razor blade to scrape it off (stupid cheap, like five bucks for a 25 pack on ebay), 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner to dissolve the glue left behind, and a towel that you don't care about.

Bingo!

Carlisle GM Nationals?

Constantly flip the towel to a fresh side, as the glue will now be in the fibers and you don't want to wipe it back onto the window. Use the cleaner until you are certain no glue is left on the window, then go over the area with GC or WW with a clean towel

Thanks for the info! Yes the Carlisle GM Nationals. This will be my first judged show.

Hey Chris, you going?  I thought about it, but am waiting to see what the weather is. Not sure which car to take and it would just be Saturday, but it would be good to see you again.............in a "non working" arena!

I got one for parking when I worked the Adam's booth at the Daytona Turkey Run.  It was 'low tack' and came off easily.  Now is taped to my detailing cabinet.