Customer Service 866.965.0400

What's the deal?

dcsteg

Question

Before I started using Adams Revive hand polish I usually did a hand wipe down with a soft cloth to collect the small amount of dust from that collects at a open car show or from a short ride in my C6. A lot easier then  a wash job and the car looked fresh and ready to go again.

Since using the Revive the small amount of dust is just moved around and not collected into the soft cloth I used for wipe down.

I will continue to use the Revive hand polish as I have not found a better product on the market.

Just curious as to why after using this product wipe down is no longer and option?

7 answers to this question

Yeah, I'm lost what Revive polish has to do with removing dust.  WW using a WW towel will do the job.  The WW towel is designed to hold the dirt in the pockets and away from the paint.  

Dust/dirt is what causes harm to your paint.  WW encapsulates it and insulates it from the paint.

Revive should only be used after a conventional wash and perhaps clay if deemed necessary and before you wax or seal the paint.

Chris

I moved this into the Hand Polishing forum.

Anyway, I think what he means is that ever since he started using Revive, the effectiveness of his wipe-downs at car shows is diminished, not that he is actually using Revive as a wipe-down product. But Fairbanks and Chewy are right, you should be using a product like Detail Spray or Waterless Wash in conjunction with your microfiber towel to wipe light dust from your car, not just a dry towel.

Using a polish will make the surface slicker, so without a spray agent like DS or WW, the towel will just push the dust around rather than picking it up, similar to how you've described.

Actually guys maybe I need to be educated a little more with Adams products.

I am a hand waxer.  Old school. I was a Meguiar liquid wax user for many years.

Since I heard so many good things about Adams products I thought I should give them a try.

I purchased Revive to wax my new C6. I think Maybe I am using the wrong product.  What do I need to be doing?

I want just the wax as the paint is new and doesn't need anything else.  I also want to be able to wipe down my car at open car shows.  As I said in the above post I am now just moving dust around and that started with the first application of Revive.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Revive is a hand polish, not a wax. Polish will add depth and clarity to the paint, which is good to do before you wax.

You want to use Adam's Buttery Wax - easy on, easy off, even in direct sunlight. If you are an old-school hand-waxer you will LOVE Buttery Wax.

When you wipe down your car at a show, you will want to use Adam's Detail Spray and either a Single Soft or Double Soft Microfiber Towel. You will use this same towel to remove the residue after you apply the wax. Check out the video below:

Just a counter thought..... Maybe what you are up against is pollen? That crap will just roll around and is a lot harder to remove. Is it possible that the dust may have a lot of pollen in it? It is that time of year.

Revive is a cleansing Polish. It could remove any protection you have on the paint every time you use it, therefore making wipe downs difficult on somewhat unprotected paint.

For shows and being outside, Brilliant Glaze or Buttery Wax is your friend. If you have Americana Paste Wax, use that the night before the show and stick to WW for dust, and DS for the occasional Shinedown.

Mook