Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pollen :(

Trapp2012

Question

Since it is that time of the year how is everyone avoiding pollen contamination? I have been wiping the cars+trucks down every night with the duster or a MF towel with some detail spray. Anyone else have TIPS? thought this would be a problem almost nationwide

19 answers to this question

having a garage helps a lot.  pollen isn't terrible in Kansas, in South Carolina and especially Virginia is HORRIBLE.  (thats where i lived before) if its heavy pollen or probably even a moderate layer i am very cautious when using WW and wiping it down.  i would recommend just washing it because pollen has tiny spikes on the ends and the chance of it dragging along the clearcoat could cause tiny swirls/scratches

Edited by billabongbum

It's absolutely ridiculous here. I parked my truck at my girlfriends house for a day and it had an entire layer of pollen on it. Way too much for WW, duster, or DS wipedowns. Not much you can do to avoid it.

Waterless wash and towels to be sure.  Also, look at Junkman's videos on youtube.  He demonstrates the correct way to use the duster and I agree with his method completely.  I get the feeling that many here feel this is heresy, but I've done it since I bought my car. I use it before I WW and barely allow the tip of the fibers to touch the paint.  I live in NM and "dust" is actually sand that will etch your paint no matter how much WW you apply.

Do not use waterless wash on a finish loaded with pollen.

Your just asking for trouble.

It's like moving grit around on your car.

Give it a good wash and you'll be fine.

I know how bad it sucks because pollen here is crazy.

WW works great but it's not a job for pollen.

Kevin

Do not use waterless wash on a finish loaded with pollen.

Your just asking for trouble.

It's like moving grit around on your car.

Give it a good wash and you'll be fine.

I know how bad it sucks because pollen here is crazy.

WW works great but it's not a job for pollen.

Kevin

What? You think pollen is jagged and solid in structure and composition and will not be encapsulated as dust would be? What physical property does pollen posses that precludes it from being affected from the chemical properties of Adams Waterless Wash?

I'm talking about a car covered in pollen, myself I'd prefer to just let it stay there until I have some to soak in down and do a good wash on it.

I used WW on my truck after it sat over night after a wash and an hour drive, this great but the dust was light.

That's just my option.

I'm very careful when wiping down with a lot of whatever is on my paints

Kevin

What? You think pollen is jagged and solid in structure and composition and will not be encapsulated as dust would be? What physical property does pollen posses that precludes it from being affected from the chemical properties of Adams Waterless Wash?

y