Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dust Scratches

Bcarr

Question

Ok....One of my wonderful children (love them both) ran a handle bar across my quarter panel for about 3 inches. In my haste to determine if it were a scratch or just a rub mark, I rubbed it off with my finger. I know...It is the ultimate sin for us car buffs but it left dust scratches about the length of the original mark.

D you have any recommendations on removing those small scratches? I have the PC Polisher but wondering if there is a way to get them off without going through the entire process? I have all of the Adams products and the polisher but wondering if there is an easier solution.

If I do need to go with severe swirl remover, swirl and haze remover, and fine polish, can I just do this area or do I need to go over the whole car?

Any help is appreciated...

5 answers to this question

Pictures would help, but if they're just light dust scratches then you could probably get rid of them with just Fine Machine Polish. Unless the handle bar scratch is repairable, then you may as well do the whole process. Like I said, tough to say without seeing a picture of it.

Pictures would help, but if they're just light dust scratches then you could probably get rid of them with just Fine Machine Polish. Unless the handle bar scratch is repairable, then you may as well do the whole process. Like I said, tough to say without seeing a picture of it.

Here is a picture. You can see the scratches just below the reflection of the top fluorescent light. The are very light dust scratches.

post-7786-136818104152_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture. You can see the scratches just below the reflection of the top fluorescent light. The are very light dust scratches.

Ok. I'm not sure while it posted upside down but I think you can see the scratches I am referring to.

Thanks for the help.

Wipe down the area with Waterless Wash or Detail Spray and an Adam's towel first. As always, start with the least aggressive method (FMP/White Pad). You don't need to do the whole car if you're just trying to get these localized scratches out. The 4 inch focus pads would be ideal here, but the larger pads will work just as well.

If FMP works, then great. Otherwise, step up to SHR/Orange, then follow up with FMP/White.

I don't think you would need to use the Severe.

Edited by GerryC