Customer Service 866.965.0400

Used interior glass cleaner and glass cleaner MF, leaving LOTS hairs

blackbeauty89

Question

This is my first time using Adam's glass cleaner and glass MF. I like the cleaner a lot, but i found the MF was leaving a lot of lint behind on the glass, and was really difficult to remove.

Any suggestions as to how to prevent that from happening again?

13 answers to this question

Did you wash them first? I've never had lint.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Edited by Chewy

The process that works the best is to have a cleaning towel (sprayed with glass cleaner) and a follow up towel (dry) to pick up any residue.

I've been using this method. A waterless wash towel is my follow up for glass.

Interesting to see some are having this issue. I have a good collection of the glass cleaning towels and never once have I experienced linting of any kind.

As mentioned before, try cleaning them now and see if this continues. Also, remember to properly clean them as discussed in this thread for Proper Microfiber Cleaning.

Hope it works out for you, since these towels perform perfectly for myself and many others. :thumbsup:

I ruined a five pack of glass towels by washing them together all sorts of MF in the washer then put them in the dryer. I couldn't get them to stop linting. So I bought a few more and have been giving them gentle hand washes and all is perfect with them.

My rule of thumb when using the towels is gently wipe the glass with them... they will glide on the glass and leave it perfect. If you swipe them hard on the glass they can grab. I'll use the "knit" side to do the cleaning, and then the silky side to finish the glass.

The Adams glass cleaner and towel combo is the only way I have ever had perfect glass... and I have tried most every glass cleaner/ towel combination.

I only use my glass MF to clean my reading glasses. I use the WW towels to clean auto glass. Never had any linting problem with either one even without washing them first.

Same here, I never liked the glass MF towels and not just the Adam's ones but pretty much ANY glass MF, not just they lint, they are also not smooth for going back and forth over the glass I find the towel is getting stuck and that's after claying. The Waterless Wash towels are te best for glass