Customer Service 866.965.0400

Some people can't be helped.

ForceofWill

Question

I just have to keep telling myself you can't save everyone. But I hate when people try and convince others that are starting out with crazy bad info.

This is from a mustang forum.

Did you know you can get the EXACT same results if not better with Turtle products for a 3rd of the cost?

Distributors, Like Adam's make there money off people that think the bubble gum smell is a must have! -

Your 2013's paint isn't dull and doesn't need polish, and wont for a long time so long as you wash regularly and protect the finish with wax a few times a year.

You don't need 12 different products or gallons of pricey boutique cleaners to get great results on a new car.

...but all you really need for a new car with good paint, is:

* Double bottom bucket

* Soap and water - any good car wash will work. (No dish soap)

* Micro fiber wash mitt

* Clay bar

* Wax (I like good old carnuba)

* A big 'ol 100% cotton bath towel. (Old, well washed one. Pat and dry method)

:explode:

13 answers to this question

I love guys like this. They assume that our entire business (and the high end detailing products industry as a whole) is based solely on packaging and scents. I'd bet money hes probably never used anything that wasn't sold OTC to even base that opinion on, but of course hes an "expert".

Blissfully ignorant is the only way to describe guys like that. Typically not worth your time to try and convince them otherwise.

Most of the people who have this mentality are not aware of what swirl marks are, how they're caused, and how removing them will dramatically increase the aesthetic of the finish. They think that simply waxing will make any car look good and that it doesn't matter which wax you use. I can put a frame around a photo of Hitler but I still wouldn't want to look at it.

I get into this arguement way too often with my father in law. He says i need to put "hard shell" wax on it and it will fill in the scratches underneath his door handle. he says lots of coats will fill it in. I used the mss on his old car and he continued to tell me that it didnt last a month and he wanted his other waxed used. Even when blatently you could see the mss beading water. So now i no longer help him take care of his vehicles. Last week he was using scotch brite to "clean" his chrome rims. Luckily i stopped him right after he started :willy: :willy: :willy:

I have my cards on the counter at work and had a customer ask me what I use, and got basically the same response. "I can use OTC stuff and old tshirts and get the same if not better results" he told me. Then offered to have me come look at his weekend cruiser. Well to quote Dylan..

It looks like he washed it with a bucket of playground sand

So agreed, there is no educating nor need to waste time trying to with people like this.

In the end I think it works better to Adam's advantage.. Park my Adamized ride next to Mr OTC and see who gets more ooohs and ahhhs..

Lol at that pic. My wife does that to me all the time.

I had to at least add a response.

Dear god why.

The Absorber - Now with more SWIRLS!

If you care about your car read adams. Determine how much you care about your car and go from there.

Just like you can't explain to a prius owner why you need a 5.0 Mustang, some people will never get detailing. Figure out what level of clean you're comfortable with and go from there.

Please for the love of god don't use a bath towel.

I work with a few of these people. One swears by the once a year stuff advertised on multiple channels on the idiot box. He can go through the tunnel of scratches 52 times and hey! look! the water still beads!:loser:

Another one has her boyfriend's body shop friend do her car once a year. It's shiny for a week or two but the holograms last all year. :willy:

Of course no visitors to our facility has ever asked them about their cars...just sayin'! :lolsmack:

Someone would have to be real stupid to let a smell be the determining factor of how well a product performs. Most of the folks on this forum have actually tried the products and obviously preferred the performance of said product. I have used them all at 63 years old and I dearly love most of them as they work much better than others I have used. I find that adams really has some great products. With all respect to you Adam, there are some people who would rub a dog turd on the car if you say so,,,, lol however most are very serious and are testing every product you release. This is all good for business. I appriciate the effort to make the best and being made in the USA makes all that much better. Sorry for the guy who thinks we're buying your stuff based on the fragrance, he is missing out on a lot of great products. If anyone can't find at least a few products that he likes he's either retarted or one of those that scored a 12 on the ACT,,,,,, Wayne

Same goes for the person that thinks every product is the greatest would be a prime candidate for the dog turd !!!!!!

Edited by epkmvuoq

Typically people who make comments like this can be the best clients. Try selling insurance for a living..try being generally hated when you walk into a room, just by what you sell offer! :) yeah I'm that guy...yes I sell insurance

This guy is crying out for help. Help him...

Typically people who make comments like this can be the best clients. Try selling insurance for a living..try being generally hated when you walk into a room, just by what you sell offer! :) yeah I'm that guy...yes I sell insurance

This guy is crying out for help. Help him...

Sell me cheaper home insurance! Sentry is killing me!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...