Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gum stuck in upholstery! Help!!

DrippinF150

Question

Hi everyone. Never been faced with this problem before but my girlfriend has a Malibu and got some gum stuck in the back seat!! Is there a easy way of getting it out?? Any help would be great!!!

Edited by DrippinF150

7 answers to this question

I wish I could help you! I used to work for a company called Chem Dry. A carpet cleaning company. My buddy owned a franchise.

He had this stuff called lavendoria (made by chem dry) that would take cum right out! Spray a little bit on the gum, let it sit for a few seconds, then scuff with a semi stiff bursh, and the gum came right off.

We used to clean all the couches at a night club, Gum was one of the MANY things we had to clean off those couches:(. Would go through 2 bottles in one day at that place.

Anyway, getting back on topic, he went out of business and no longer can get any of those supplies so I cant help you out too much. Try ebay.

Upon searching, they no longer make lavandaria. All the products that I knew are gone and replaced by others. (im assuming just ne names) My guess is the chem dry oil and grease remover is the new lavandaria? And the spot remover is the new supercharger.

I've had success on a few occasions getting gum out of carpets on vehicles with All Purpose Cleaner. I usually let it sit for a few minutes to let it break up the gum from the carpet fibers. Then use a Utility Towel and Carpet Brush to remove.

Knowing yours is on the seat itself you can try the same, however be careful depending on the color of the seats. All of the carpets I attacked with the APC were dark colors so I was not concerned with the APC discoloring anything.

I'd maybe suggest trying some of the Leather & Interior Cleaner first to see if it helps before moving on to something more aggressive like All Purpose Cleaner.

Good luck. :thumbsup: