Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying the car

Chobbs

Question

Guys! (N gals) I just purchased the AF Master Blaster! That thing rocks!! It cut my drying time way way WAY down and I never touched the finish with a drying towel. I also got the 75ft hose kit with all the bells and whistles. Don't think I will ever have to buy another hose.

Along with the CR spotless water de-ionizer (which I had bought a while ago), these things really make washing the car here in Vegas a snap!

Thanks to adams, my almost three year old Camaro looks great!! I just had to post how happy I am with my new toys!!!

:banana::patriot::2thumbs:

9 answers to this question

Hello, there, fellow Las Vegas native!

I know exactly what you are talking about, when it comes to hard water in Las Vegas. I experience it everytime I was my car. I need to get a deionizer as well, to reduce the chance of water spotting.

I have a 50 FT hose, and it's more than enough to do my car wash in front of my driveway.

Here are some rules when you are washing your car in places, like Las Vegas:

1) Wash your are in the shade (my house is facing the WEST side, so I can do it before noon); water dries really fast, especially on the summer.

2) Never wash your car when it's windy; it's so dusty here in Vegas, that the dirt and dust will instantly stick to your paint, creating more damage

3) If you have no choice, and you have to wash your car under the sun, rinse-off the areas that are under the shade, before the ones under the sun (Adam's Car Shampoo even works wells under the sun)

4) Use the "POOLING" drying method, to remove most of the water from your paint. It will work exceptionally well if your paint is properly prepped and waxed, as the water will just sheet-off

5) Use Detail Spray after the POOLING drying method, as it will futher reduces the chance of water spotting, and add shine to your paint instantly.

I hope this helps!

thanks for the tips but since I have the de-ionizer and the master blaster, i no longer need to put a drying towel to my paint.  spot free car wash every time!

but the tips you mentioned are the steps I used to have to go through before i got the master-blaster. so it is still good info!

I'm a huge fan of the pooling rinse method. Even if I use my leaf blower to dry the car, the pooling rinse still helps cut down on time spent with the leaf blower, master blaster, etc.  :)

I also have a filtration system that I use. I bought a .35 micron debris filter and also a "water softener" filter. I got both for the price of the single one on AutoGeek. Best money I ever spent. Because of that I usually just pop the hose sprayer off and let the water just pour out of the hose straight for the final rinse. Then I'll let it mostly air dry (which in the summer sun doesn't take too long) and I'll finish it off with a single soft towel and some detail spray. 

Still get a couple of spots here and there which is probably mostly leftover soap/dirt residue but the detail spray dissolves them no problem. It's a hundred times better than having a whole car covered in spots after only 5 minutes.