Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

I shined up my shop-vac!  Why you ask?  Simple, I have 3 daughters and needed some alone time in the garage. 

Before:

Shopvac_zpsgzj7b3tn.jpg

After:

Shopvac1_zpsf9s60wno.jpg

I'd like to thank All purpose cleaner for giving me a clean surface to work with.  Also, couldn't have brought out the depth and finish without a generous coat of Super VRT.   :2thumbs:  I did resist using the In and Out Spray on the flexible hose.....maybe next time!

OCD to a whole new level!!!

Gave the DD a Rinseless wash and wanted to do more, but I don't have the time right now.  My paint is trashed from winter.  Off in a week so it will definitely be on the agenda to polish it up a bit to where it will be acceptable until Spring.

Edited by LFairbanks

Started the detailing on a clients 1926 Rolls Royce Twenty Park Ward (the coach builder).  He is the 4th owner of the car, and the family he purchased it from had it for over 50 years.  This is the 'smaller' version of the Rolls, but there is still lots of paint to work on!  He takes care of polishing the metal work and I do the paint.  This car has German Silver on the radiator, window frames, and air flow vents so he gets off easy this time!  I tried my Rupes LHS 15 Mark II for the first time and LOVED it!

The client has approved write up on this, so as we do more work I will post up some pics. 

Used new Cyclo for first time today, wow - lots easier than my PC. Rinse less wash, Clay, little correction on couple of tiny scratches. Then Liquid paint sealant, followed by coat of Patriot. Wife's friends still in house planning baby shower for daughter in law, so stayed in garage and finished interior, glass, tires and trim. Cherokee looks great again, bet it rains or snows tomorrow.

PIcked up a new (old) turntable this week. Most vintage turntables have scratches/swirls on the dust cover. This one was in decent shape overall, no cracks, but I did have to do a little sanding on a few spots, then wool followed by orange pad and finished with white. Then some BG followed by Buttery Wax. For the table itself a little APC cut 1:4 and a toothbrush. Just forgot to take before pictures of the table.

Before

IMG_0700-L.jpg

During 

IMG_0705-L.jpg

After

Pioneer PL-540

IMG_0708-L.jpg

Edited by Bill-V8V

ATS4 got a couple of top to bottom rinses then Rinseless Washed. It was rinsed with 1 oz. Rinseless Wash in a gallon of water. I used my garden sprayer and blasted away. The microfiber towels were coming off the car nearly clean so the double rinse did the trick. Followed up with Adam's Detail Spray wipe down. Now it can sit in the garage tomorrow while we get 3-5" of the cursed white stuff.

IMG_2423_zpssli9jgps.jpg

IMG_2403_zpspwh0wcpz.jpg

IMG_2413_zpskghziqty.jpg

The tires got coated after I pulled her back in the garage. I wanted to get the pics before I lost the sunlight.

The best thing is my garage now smells like bubble gum!

Edited by Captain Slow

• 3 weeks later...

Spent the day shining up my S-I-L's 1966 GTO clone, a recent purchase.  Man, this is a huge car!  The Rupes 15 Mark II was a great help on the acres of paint.  The surface had plenty of swirls, but after I got those out I chased what turned out to be sanding marks for a while.  As I worked the rest of the car we found many more areas where the prep for the paint was done poorly.  

Not sure I have enough shots for a write-up, but here is a teaser anyway.

post-1109-0-36513300-1457843976_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I want one of those keychains... How can Adam's get a bucket load? I kind of was hoping Rupes was putting them in every new Mark II purchased... but no love. 

Edited by stripesace

those keychains are cool!! 

Nice shirt too, but the real question, how was the nano?! 

You really only want to know the answer if you have an extra $600 burning a hole in your pocket!  

They are fantastic little machines.  I tried the prototypes at Mobile Tech Expo (the same units they had a SEMA).  They worked fine, but were getting a little 'tired' (according to the Rupes reps).  The one I tried this weekend was an early production unit, and worked a little better than the prototypes.  Check out DaytonaJae's video - Dylan polishes Jae's watch.  I can see soooo many uses for this size tool.

Well that hit a big OUCH of a price point! Guess I won't be getting one of those any time soon lol. 

But today I cleaned the windshield and front door glass in my truck. 

Edited by pirahnah3

Well that hit a big OUCH of a price point! Guess I won't be getting one of those any time soon lol. 

But today I cleaned the windshield and front door glass in my truck. 

It ain't cheap, but there is a lot of technology in the tool.  The long running/quick charge battery, and it is a rotary AND a dual action polisher.

Busy weekend in the garage

Each car got the same treatment

Rinseless wash

Alcohol wipe down

Revive hand polish

Lequid paint sealant

And finished off with Brilliant glaze

With leather conditioner for interior detail and VRT on the tires

2015 GMC Canyon SLT summit white

2013Tesla model s p85+ Pearl white

2015 Lexus 200 nx pacific blue

2015 Porsche Mecan S pewter / gray

Total Microfiber usage

40 Adams single soft's

15 Adams plush blue plush waffle's

15 Adams blue edgeless

8 Adams double soft's

4 Adams gray utility

10 Costco yellow's for the wheels

8 Adams glass

I did my in-laws cars.

I had a Winter Daily Driver Kit and Leather Cleaner and Conditioner kit sent to their house since we flew in for the weekend.

My mother in laws dodge journey got a nice shampoo and H2O guard and gloss application. Tires cleaned, wheels and fenders cleaned, topped with Tire Shine. 

post-13391-0-23069100-1459221839_thumb.jpg

My father in law works at a concrete casting plant. His car badly needs a clay, and I'm thinking next time we go, I think we're driving so I'm pretty sure I'm going to bring my polishing kit go to town and see what I can do to really turn it around. Small car, should hopefully go quickly. I didn't have clay and Advanced Auto eluded my schedule before all weekend, so it just got a quick wheel treatment, wash, and H2O guard and gloss. The results on his car speak VOLUMES about the H2O Guard and Gloss product.I regret I didn't get to clay it. this car didn't even sheet water much less bead before I got H2O guard and gloss on it. 

post-13391-0-47051800-1459221843_thumb.jpg

The biggest WOW of the weekend was the new Wheel Cleaner. I really didnt notice any odor which tells me the new scent is in the right direction, but look what happened to these wheels! 

Also LOTS of scrubbing with a tire brush and APC on those tires to get them back to black. 

post-13391-0-08286400-1459221841_thumb.jpg