Customer Service 866.965.0400

I always said I'd never buy adams microfiber.

FarbeyondDriven

Question

So i always said to myself i wouldnt buy adams microfiber towels because they were to darn expensive. I would always buy an 8pack of towels at wal-mart for 5$.

Well with some of the specials i wound up buying i got a bunch of free towels with them. I've kept them in the bags and never used them.

So today i decided i would detail my powerdercoated wheels i had in the garage. (Summer wheels) These are powdercoated gloss black and look like someone cleaned them with a dry paper towel. Theres swirl marks everywhere! So i took my porter cable and did a full correction on them.

After i did the first wheel, i had the paint damn near perfect. I was admiring it and thought "WOW, that looks great". I grabbed one of my wal-mart towels and buffed off the residue, and to my amazement.... i scratched the **** out of the wheels!!! The towel was brand new, clean, right out of the package... (it was really easy to see on these wheels how much i scratched them because the wheels are gloss black, and they were right under these super bright lights) .So i redid the correction to get all the scratches i just made. I then decided it was time to open up an adams microfiber towel and see what all the buzz was about.

Well i opened it up, and holy cow is that thing soft. (i could only imagine the double soft). I have terribly dry skin, and microfiber towels always wind up latching on to my hands, the adams towels did not though. It was so soft!! So i went and buffed off the residue with this new amazingly soft towel, and to my amazement, NO SCRATCHES! Perfection.

I was always against spending the money on adams towels, i felt they did the same thing any other towel would do.. Well i was so wrong.

My next order is going to consist of waterless wash towels, great white drying, single soft, double soft, and the glass towels. I could not believe ive been using such crap towels for so long. Man was i missing out!! I wont trust any other towel to touch my paint! Thanks adams for such a great product!!!

i just opened one of my many adams microfibers today and WOW! these things really are really the pinnacle of you get what you pay for...you pay a good amount but you get a truly superior microfiber. as of today all cheap brand microfibers i owned are now in my trash and its all adams microfibers from here on out!!!

Adam's MF's simply the best! :rockon:

So i always said to myself i wouldnt buy adams microfiber towels because they were to darn expensive. I would always buy an 8pack of towels at wal-mart for 5$.

Well with some of the specials i wound up buying i got a bunch of free towels with them. I've kept them in the bags and never used them.

So today i decided i would detail my powerdercoated wheels i had in the garage. (Summer wheels) These are powdercoated gloss black and look like someone cleaned them with a dry paper towel. Theres swirl marks everywhere! So i took my porter cable and did a full correction on them.

After i did the first wheel, i had the paint damn near perfect. I was admiring it and thought "WOW, that looks great". I grabbed one of my wal-mart towels and buffed off the residue, and to my amazement.... i scratched the **** out of the wheels!!! The towel was brand new, clean, right out of the package... (it was really easy to see on these wheels how much i scratched them because the wheels are gloss black, and they were right under these super bright lights) .So i redid the correction to get all the scratches i just made. I then decided it was time to open up an adams microfiber towel and see what all the buzz was about.

Well i opened it up, and holy cow is that thing soft. (i could only imagine the double soft). I have terribly dry skin, and microfiber towels always wind up latching on to my hands, the adams towels did not though. It was so soft!! So i went and buffed off the residue with this new amazingly soft towel, and to my amazement, NO SCRATCHES! Perfection.

I was always against spending the money on adams towels, i felt they did the same thing any other towel would do.. Well i was so wrong.

My next order is going to consist of waterless wash towels, great white drying, single soft, double soft, and the glass towels. I could not believe ive been using such crap towels for so long. Man was i missing out!! I wont trust any other towel to touch my paint! Thanks adams for such a great product!!!

That's an epiphany most if not all of us can attest to. I still have the cheap MF towels for dusting around the house.

I ordered a set of microfiber towels from another maker off Amazon...I used them and was pretty happy with them.

I finally broke down and got two great white drying towels from Adam's the other day and finally used them this past Friday...HOLY crap! They are so much better than the other brand I used! the "other brand" is going to be used to dry off my wheels and door jams and the GW towels are going to be used everywhere else. I even had my Fiancee try out the GW towels yesterday when I washed her Escape and she was even impressed by them! I'm planning on getting a Towel package set from Adams when I goto Thompson Motorsports Detailing clinic this Saturday with a bunch of other stuff! LOL

The saying "you get what you pay for" couldn't be more apropos right?

I did the SAME thing 4+ years ago. What a mistake.

I have the cheap ones in the house and use them on the counters and such. Nothing else....

One of the last things that touches your paint is the microfiber cloths. After all that work AND TIME you have put in removing the swirls and polishing your paint, do you want to risk having to do it all over again for a few bucks saved on towels? My time is worth more than that, let alone dealing with the frustration of having to do it over again because I got cheap. First towels I got were auto store towels. After I discovered Adams, it's Adams towels all the way.

yes Im very impressed with the towels. I was so used to the towels from the auto stores I had no idea what I was missing.. Im glad I bought some.

All my ones from the parts store get used as utilities now for the dirty stuff and will never touch paint again.

If Adams would just make a bathrobe. Although I dont think it would be a cheap item. I have a collection of all the microfibers and they are super soft. Just cant beat them!!

I wish they made a double soft MicroFiber bath towel....I placed an order for a Adam's Microfiber Towel Bundle (needed more Great White drying towels and wanted to get the other towels they made also) and the Double soft microfiber towels are just sublime! 

The most recent car show I went to, someone was wiping down their brand new carbon edition C6 with a Costco microfiber and needed some help getting rid of swirl marks (wonder why...lol). I said the towel was scratching the paint, he said it was soft enough. I let him feel a doublesoft and his face turned into  :jawdrop:

Grasshopper.....a valuable lesson you have learned, your eyes are now wide open!!!!!!!!

I did the same thing as you when I bought my 2011 GS, I now have close to 50 Adams towels, the DS are by far my favorite.

I have a lot of those microfiber towels that stick to your hands/fingers.  Some of them are those Kimberly Clark brand, some from Monster screen clean kits, all for free to be sure, well, besides the Monster ones I suppose.  They are ALL dirty job towels... Mostly interior cleaning, TID application, etc.  Actually, I have another brand of glass cleaning microfiber that are just like Adams so I use them side by side.