Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car prep ~ MY new 2013 Fusion Titanium

Ok OK. Before anybody says anything, this was hard for me to do. My wife and I looooooooved our 2012 Wrangler JKU. It hurt my insides to see that thing go. But the trade was MY IDEA. It's not something we "had" to do. Life would have been just fine continuing the way we were traveling. But with a baby on the way, the payments, the gas mileage, and other things I'd like to accomplish. This was a smart move for me.

The car had to check off the following "boxes" for me: $30k pricetag, good gas mileage, decent amount of "daily driver" power, a pleasure to look at, fun to drive, LOADED with technology & options. If I couldn't have found ALL of these, the trade would have never happened, I needed something that would stand the test of time aesthetically. If I get bored looking at it, it's not gonna stay in my garage for very long. Here's the other cars I looked at: Buick Regal GS, Subaru WRX, VW Jetta & GTI, Caddy ATS, Chevy Cruze, and unfortunately there's NOTHING in the Mopar lineup that even excited me in the least in this search........:confused:

The reason I pulled the trigger on the Fusion was because it met ALL that criteria. All the other options were either too much $$$, boring inside, or didn't like something aesthetically about the car. So the deal was done, and here's my new car prep. Sorry for the crummy iPhone5 pics.

DAY 1: Picked up car from dealership and brought home to debadge with fishing wire & rubber eraser wheel, WW, and Adam's clay bar.

Before - tail

EDC41A69-57D6-43B3-BE59-F13AE7F4AE50-3716-000001B775D160B5.jpg

After - tail

FC594C2B-61D3-4BBE-A080-157700F46F94-3716-000001B77A9C8701.jpg

DAY 2: Took car to get windows tinted & return home for the following treatment:

Adam's WW & WW towels

Adam's FMP & white pad

Adam's single soft & double soft towels

IPA wipedown

Adam's MSS - 14 hour cure

Adam's APW

Adam's Undercarriage Spray

Adam's SVRT

Adam's WW & DS on wheels

Adam's Metal Polish #1 & #2 on exhaust tips

Adam's Leather Conditioner on entiiiiiiiiiiiire interior except dash

Couple shots of tint BEFORE correction:

5CB679F2-974C-460E-A3C9-8FE39FDC87F0-3716-000001B77DF6DF4C.jpg

BB891BD4-BFA1-45FD-AEDB-4B42F0C12C04-3716-000001B7806908D7.jpg

The car was really in GREAT shape from the dealer (BIG surprise)!! Just some horrible b-pillars! Before:

4E5CA3CB-3322-4715-9EC8-4FF195367F96-3716-000001B784432176.jpg

After:

C4DADBCC-B87E-4479-90F0-086D3B6CB386-3716-000001B7876AD5C8.jpg

Final shots (again, I know they're crummy). This isn't a very good writeup, and I'm aware of that, lol. :(

F10D94BF-A6DD-4AA4-A714-1FA64459B62F-3716-000001B78A9CD3B1.jpg

6C3D5C67-5ED6-4924-9CA7-6CC14528E4F3-3716-000001B79989EEB3.jpg

994F00C9-B15F-4784-9CF3-F0E76DDB0862-3716-000001B7959268AB.jpg

5908D93B-C7A8-46BA-97C4-8C95647C288A-3716-000001B7919003BD.jpg

ADCEAD38-F957-4415-BCBB-85D8BE16828A-3716-000001B79E0169B6.jpg

FB5ACE64-75D2-41C2-B6F7-4946D1033680-3716-000001B78F2A284A.jpg

88A07F3F-C909-4254-AA6A-31F4DC328070-3716-000001B7A80D92FC.jpg

B215937B-DB47-4B44-A08C-5FBE109C4AEA-3716-000001B7AB5B4CB2.jpg

I'm loving the car so far! The little Ecoboost 4cyl. is actually pretty peppy. The amenities are overwhelmingly awesome! And the color is just downright wicked. Small mods in the works are 20" monoblock wheels, 1" drop, stealth turn signal bulbs, tinted corner signals.

Thanks for looking! And thanks for listening! :glasses:

Ok, I have to ask, why no ATS? When that car came out I was loving it. Seems awesome. And I never pictured you as a Ford man ;) Nice car though, only Ford I would actually buy!

My sister just bought a new SHO it's nice!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I have to ask, why no ATS? When that car came out I was loving it. Seems awesome. And I never pictured you as a Ford man ;) Nice car though, only Ford I would actually buy!

I would say the ATS didn't make the cut due to the pricing. For as small as those cars are, they're still $50k+...

I LOVE how the Regal GS's look. That probably would've been my choice.

As far as the Fusion, Ford has done a good job with the styling, granted it looks like an Aston Martin rip-off, but still a good job.

Congrats on the new purchase.

Pricing was too high for my goals. And I know......I never thought I was a Ford guy either, lol......:iagree:

I would have posted sooner, but I just got up off the floor from passing out!!

Nice looking car, although I can't seem to find the SRT badge anywhere???:lolsmack:

I know, I KNOW. :willy:

I would say the ATS didn't make the cut due to the pricing. For as small as those cars are, they're still $50k+...

I LOVE how the Regal GS's look. That probably would've been my choice.

As far as the Fusion, Ford has done a good job with the styling, granted it looks like an Aston Martin rip-off, but still a good job.

Congrats on the new purchase.

100% agree with everything you just said. The Regal GS was just a few thousand more.

Chase congrats to you and your wife on the pending bundle of joy! Second I like the fusions! the nose and tail end are very cool good luck with the car! I know you will make it yours very soon with some personal classy touches!!!!!!

Thanks Tony! We are STOKED. It's a boy, so he'll be doing paint corrections by the 3 month mark, lmao!!!!! :2thumbs:

Awesome new car my man! And a huge congrats to you and your lady for the exciting upcoming addition to your family!

I'll hit you up soon with some news as well on this side.

Preciate ya bro! Stay in touch! :rockon:

And thanks Dylan......DYIN' to get a drop and some wheels on it. This "minivan ride height" is killin' me......

Aston nose and tail with a Jaguar profile... are we sure Ford sold those brands off? You can't beat the style, but I hope they didn't mimic the British electronics.:D

Hmm.. Did the Genesis R spec make the short list? I've seen some pretty lofty #'s from those however I do like the looks of the Fusion. After riding and driving my sisters JK those things to me are not a daily driver as they are a very harsh ride and loud road noise. Nice addition!

Very nice, congrats! I considered one of these over the ST. I wanted something more fun to drive so I chose the ST over the Fusion... The Blue Oval is going to be a force to reckoned with here pretty quick. They are making some really nice daily drivers, where other manufactures are still making rental cars.

Beautiful ride. I look forward to seeing your planned enhancements. Aston look alike?? Fine by me! Ford has always had more stylish vehicles in Europe, so it's nice to see those type designs coming to the USA.

Word. That was always a huge automotive pet peeve of mine. I am glad they are addressing that.

That is really sharp! The new addition to the family will be riding in style for sure. After the drop and wheels, maybe up the boost a little bit? Muwahahahahaha!

Chase dude! I was JUST trying to talk Britnee into trading her 6 in for one of these last night! I LOVE the new look!

Congrats man!

Thanks big daddy Mook!! Lol. DO IT!!

Aston nose and tail with a Jaguar profile... are we sure Ford sold those brands off? :D

Lol. TRUE!! I thought Aston front end, Audi profile, Jag rear.....and the electronics & amenities are insane on this. CANNOT BEAT the features on this car for the $$$ spent. PERIOD.

Hmm.. Did the Genesis R spec make the short list? I've seen some pretty lofty #'s from those however I do like the looks of the Fusion. After riding and driving my sisters JK those things to me are not a daily driver as they are a very harsh ride and loud road noise. Nice addition!

Will never drive a Hyundai. Don't mind the vehicles. Just CAN'T bring myself to own that line of vehicle. Nor Kia. No offense to any of those owners, I just have a personal hangup about those brands. :(

Very nice, congrats! I considered one of these over the ST. I wanted something more fun to drive so I chose the ST over the Fusion... The Blue Oval is going to be a force to reckoned with here pretty quick. They are making some really nice daily drivers, where other manufactures are still making rental cars.

EXACTLY. Your ST thread is honestly what got me looking. NO JOKE.

Word. That was always a huge automotive pet peeve of mine. I am glad they are addressing that.

That is really sharp! The new addition to the family will be riding in style for sure. After the drop and wheels, maybe up the boost a little bit? Muwahahahahaha!

Thanks so much buddy!!! H&R and Eibach are both due to have springs released in January. So we're good there. The ONLY line of wheels I can find within my price range with anything sexy is Forgestar, so we will see what else I can round up, but they are at the top of the list.

And yes, a good tune, along with muffler replacement are on the list. But that will be ALL. Still have plans to work on the king of the stable........the SRT426. Oh, and yeah, babies are expensive too, lmao!!!!!

Congrats! I love the front end!

Preciate ya, that's what initially captured my attention. :2thumbs:

I got apologize again boys. Just looked at these crappy pics again, lol. I promise my next thread will be stronger. :bow:

well i like the color! :D

seriously though, i've said this a few times on here already... Ford has REALLY stepped it up design wise. i'm still holding out to see what the new GM trucks look like and if i'm not impressed i'm getting a Raptor