Customer Service 866.965.0400

About This Week's Forum Header

Marylander

decent.jpg

Anyone who has been on Adam's Forum for more than a year probably knows and remembers the screen name Nordgrey. That account belonged to a man named James 'Jim' McNeill, a member of The Royal Canadian Navy. He was also a long time member of the forum and genuinely good guy. To look back at his posts you'll see that he was always positive, helpful, complimentary, and, without doubt, the kind of guy we'd all like to have as a friend. Sadly he succumbed to pancreatic cancer in September.

He disappeared from the forum late last year when he learned of his diagnosis and, naturally, had issues larger than car care to deal with. He popped back in in May with news of his cancer – masked with his usual humor and positive attitude.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/lounge/18092.htm

His obituary makes clear that his circle of friends and impact on people was far, far wider than what we were fortuante to see here on AF.

James 'Jim' McNeill : obituary and death notice on InMemoriam

Rest in Peace, Jim.

Edited by MarylandTDI

Jim was big into military history, and one day about 2 years ago he PM'd me because I had mentioned that my wife and I go up to Gettysburg, PA a lot. He wanted to come down to tour the battlefield and we were going to try to get together and show him around. We went through a round of emails and what not but the timing just wasn't going to work out for him to get down here, so it never happened.

That really bummed me out -- I was really looking forward to meeting him in person. Even though he was always "just" a virtual online friend, his passing really hit me -- frankly I'm really surprised by how much. You could just sense he was one of the good guys.

Wow! Very sorry to hear this, RIP.

On another note, I must say for the forum staff to set him as the headline is very remarkable. I'm on a lot of other forums and I have never seen any other forum do this.

Rich and Paul...you guys are amazing for doing this, it looks great.

It would be cool if we could get in touch with any of his closest relatives and they could see the page.

Although, it's just a car care forum, it's times like this where it feels so much more than that. I guess I'm just an emotional guy, because I was thinking about Jim quite a bit this weekend, and reading through his old posts while at work. Although I never met him, I feel like I knew him, as well as most of the regular contributers on here. We have seen alot of members pictures, and combined with the tone and articulation of their posts....do some math and you can get a good idea about the person. I feel like I've lost a friend.

RIP Jim

Edited by 07RS4
Spelling

It would be cool if we could get in touch with any of his closest relatives and they could see the page.

Although, it's just a car care forum, it's times like this where it feels so much more than that. I guess I'm just an emotional guy, because I was thinking about Jim quite a bit this weekend, and reading through his old posts while at work. Although I never met him, I feel like I knew him, as well as most of the regular contributers on here. We have seen alot of members pictures, and combined with the tone and articulation of their posts....do some math and you can get a good idea about the person. I feel like I've lost a friend.

RIP Jim

Very well put. This forum of all the forums I am a part of now or have been a part of or owned in the past...special people here. Jim was certainly one of them, and the more time passes today, the more it's getting difficult to not choke up.

This is incredibly sad news. I am at a loss for words. While I have never met him in person, like many here have said, you can feel that his good nature came through in his posts. He will certainly be missed.

I must also add that the inclusion of him at the top of the page in the banner is a small but very touching and classy gesture.

RIP Jim

I agree, well put. It's kind of neat, too, that in a way a guy like that lives on through his old posts.

Also, your suggestion prompted me to send an email to the funeral home that posted the obit and asked them to let the family know about this thread. :2thumbs:

Edited by MarylandTDI