Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help Me Pick A Camera

DP 08 GXP

As some of you may know I work at Walmart and our Black Friday ad released. I was looking at the cameras that were in there because I was interested in getting a DSLR to use for my detailing pictures to get some better shots then my point and shot digital camera. These are the 2 cameras that are in the ad so if one is left after I get off work I'll probably get it so which one would you choose? Like I said I'll be using it for my detailing pictures and I will also be using it for my sons baseball and basketball games so there will be some action shots as well in different kinds of lighting.

For the ad the Nikon comes with a carrying bag and extra lens. Ad has it for $449.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3000-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6G/dp/B002JCSV5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352516130&sr=1-1&keywords=nikon+d3000]Amazon.com: Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens: Electronics[/ame]

The Canon comes with a carrying bag only. Ad has this one for $449

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-T3-Digital-18-55mm/dp/B004J3Y9U6]Amazon.com: Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS II Lens and EOS HD Movie Mode (Black): Camera & Photo[/ame]

Edited by DP 08 GXP

Not sure if this will help...........

I actually have an older Sony DSLR. For some reason, the Nikon owners like to stop me and ask why I bought a Sony.

After telling them my story, I ask how they like their Nikons. Everyone of them rave about them! Great pics, easy to use once you learn how to master it, ease of upgrading........ NEVER anything bad.

Haven't heard anything bad or good of the Canon.

Nikon! Nikon! Nikon!

Derek, I have a couple of Canons and have nothing bad to say about them. I know a couple of people that have the T3 and have enjoyed them. It looks as though the Nikon in the D3000 may be being discontinued.

it hasn't been discontinued as a bad camera, it's been discontinued since they released a newer model, D3100, and now a D3200..

Nikon! Nikon! Nikon!

it hasn't been discontinued as a bad camera, it's been discontinued since they released a newer model, D3100, and now a D3200..

Absolutely.

I have a Nikon D5100 and bunch of lenses and I love it. I like the Nikon UI more and I also like how it feels in the hands. As for picture quality, I think the Nikon may have a light even unnoticeable edge.

Nikon for life

Nikon! Nikon! Nikon!

Never said it was going to be discontinued as a bad camera. Just thought everyone would realize that there is a new model taking it's place. :lolsmack:

Just like the Canon 50D was discontinued when the 60D came out.

I asked an old guy that is a professional photographer on my route that has been doing it all his life what the difference is between Nikon and Canon. The explanation he gave me was that neither one is better or worse than the other. His opinion was that Canon seems to develop the technology and Nikon refines it and makes it easier for the consumer to use and understand. The guy took me into his house and he must have had like 50 cameras. A lot of Leica's. And some antique ones as well. Really enjoyed him taking the time to share his photos with me.

Edited by LFairbanks

I have a Canon Rebel and a buddy of mine has a similar Nikon. As much as I hate to admit it, I think the Nikon line of lenses are better. If I were starting out again, I think I'd go Nikon.

That said, I have no complaints on my Canon, either -- it's been a great camera.

Stop by a camera shop near you. They will/should tell you everything you need to know. I bought my Nikon D5100 package from Best buy. Came with the 28-85mm lens, 85-300mm lens and a back pack for it. The only reason I bought there was for their 18 month interest free payment plan.

My sister bought the same camera at a camera shop. They gave here free lessons on how to use it. She bought the same lenses and paid about the same price.

If your looking on the internet, the only places I would trust are Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more , Photography, Digital Cameras, Lenses, Electronics - Shipping til 7PM - Adorama Camera , or B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders . I'am sure there are others out there, but that is where I would pick from.

If your looking on the internet, the only places I would trust are Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more , Photography, Digital Cameras, Lenses, Electronics - Shipping til 7PM - Adorama Camera , or B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders . I'am sure there are others out there, but that is where I would pick from.

B&H is great! :2thumbs:

Bought my Nikon D60 I dont even know how many years ago now but I still love it. Came with spare battery, extra lense, tripod, all sorts of stuff. I wish I knew how to use it more. Always thought of going and taking a photography class just to learn how to do it but never got around to it. I still want to for sure though.