Customer Service 866.965.0400

What your weakest detailing skill?

Marylander

Question

I don't particularly like taping off the cracks and trim. I always mess it up somehow??? And the tape never sticks very well to the trim (damn you VRT!) and the line of leftover product that has to be removed AFTER you remove the tape drives me crazy! I'm afraid I'll add some micro Scratches to the finish while rubbing that off.

:willy:Interior windows for sure!!

Nailed it. They look perfect in the shade, as soon as the sun hits them you can see REALLY how bad of a job you did. I hate that.

Also, weakest skill is the motivation to do all the steps. Making that time commitment takes a lot as well as muscle endurance.

Interior window cleaning for me as well. Well not so much the windshield and side windows, it's the rear window in my 2012 Camaro that I hate cleaning the inside of. My body doesn't twist in the ways it needs to so I can make it happen easily lol.

My wet sanding skills could definitly be better. Beyond that, single-stage paint. After that I would have to say touch-up painting. Combine these items and put it on a Ferrari, and I really have to take my time and pucker up.

Loss of focus and patience. During some longer detailing projects, I sometimes end up at some point where I start thinking too far ahead. I start thinking about how many more panels I have with this step, then how I'm going to tackle trim, wheels, tires, etc, etc. Sure I'm worn out and sure I just want to get to the end, but I need to show a little patience for the process and it will reward me. It's those times I find that I just need to take a breath and re-focus. Otherwise, I can see the quality of my work drop off and that's no bueno.

Loss of focus and patience. ... Sure I'm worn out and sure I just want to get to the end, but I need to show a little patience for the process and it will reward me. It's those times I find that I just need to take a breath and re-focus. Otherwise, I can see the quality of my work drop off and that's no bueno.

Patience is a skill, not a virtue. With any skill, it requires lots of practice.