Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bose or Beats by Dre.

JJ Stin

I need some new headphones to workout with. Can't decide of which ones I want. I lift weights & do cardio. So I need some type of earbuds. I heard Bose got some new sport headphones. But, where they're new, I haven't saw any reviews on them. I can use cheap headphones, but they wouldn't last too long. Plus, the sound quality isn't all that great.

So, what do you guys use or wear? Got any friends that wear any & shine in on?

Thanks guys.

As much as I dreaded spending a lot of money on earbuds, I couldn't stand replacing the $25-$45 ones that kept breaking on me. So I broke down and picked up a set of the Beats by Dre earbuds for $99.

These things are awesome. Not only do the sound incredible but they have a volume control on the cord and also a skip (forward/back) and replay control as well.

I've had them since March and use them everyday mornings and evenings and I have no complaints.

I have a heck of a time keeping "in" ear buds IN my ears. When I sweat they fall out. I was given a free pair of the Bose that have the silicon piece that fits in your ear crease that comfortably holds them in. I am TOTALLY not a Bose guy, but these are SUPER comfy for long periods. I liked them so much that I bought a pair that had the control for my iPhone.

Sound is pretty decent IMO. I've never tried the Dre's ear buds, but have been disappointed with the over the ear units. I always thought they had more bass than anything. JMO

Having used the new Apple ear pods which are 30 bucks, I was HIGHLY impressed. No, they don't compare to the 100 sets, but they fit nicely, were comfy and sounded dang good. Again... For 30 bucks... ;)

Chris

I have the Beats by Dre ear buds and LOVE them. The sound is amazing and clear. For me the biggest issue was fit. I finally ended up using the small "Christmas tree" style ear bud and it fit perfectly for me.

I put them on if I go into the office and I don't hear anything except my music. Another plus is that nobody hears my music like they did with my old ear buds.

I've been thinking about getting some of the wireless over the ear headphones for the gym but I may hold off... see if anyone likes me enough to buy me some for Christmas (which means I will be buying them myself)

I have a set of bluetooth headphones by Plantronics. They are the Plantronics Backbeat.... I think 903 they make a 903+ which are supposed to be better. ONLY problem I ever heard about them was sweat affecting them so not sure how workout friendly they are but i have never had any problems with them. I have had mine almost 2 years and they still last 7-8 hours from the original 10hours they used to. I bought the set that came with whats called a dongle... its basically a bluetooth adapter that would plug into any headphone jack and that way you could still be wireless.

I have the second ones in iPhone compatible and not. Really are pretty decent.

If you can, I WOULD try a pair of the Apple ear pods. I was impressed for the money. They don't fit IN your ear canal. I HATE having them IN my ear canal, but the benefit there is they block a lot of the background noise which is a plus. The Bose and Apple ear pods won't.

Chris

If you can, I WOULD try a pair of the Apple ear pods. I was impressed for the money. They don't fit IN your ear canal. I HATE having them IN my ear canal, but the benefit there is they block a lot of the background noise which is a plus. The Bose and Apple ear pods won't.

Chris

:iagree:

My wife has tried a few different sets of in ear and over ear listening devices. She hates the in ear canal devices as they all have caused discomfort. I bought her a pair of the new Apple ear pods and she loves them, she keeps thanking me for them every couple days. :D I've tried them too and they are the most comfortable I have ever used, I forget that I have anything in my ears. Will be ordering a set to me to use too! The audio performance is really good for $30, best overall frequency response for anything close to the same price that I have heard. Of course, for extra money (more than triple the price) you will find a better sound but I have never felt a more comfortable fit for an ear bud style that stays in place without feeling like a pain in the ear.

:cheers:

Sennheiser. *nods*

Though honestly, I can't speak to the quality of their sporting headphones. I just know I love my HD595 over-the-ear headphones. They handle bass like a champ while also delivering beautifully clear highs. Perfect for the techno I love to listen to.

I have a set of dr dre tour in ear headphones and they are great! the noise cancellation almost works too well, you cant here ANYTHING but your music. I wont wear them when i ride my bike because I seriously can't hear anything. As someone else has said I have also had issues with getting them to fit comfortably. I have owned them for over a year and still an not sure what rubber piece I like.

Also being an iphone5 owner I am very impressed with the Ear pods. I dont know if they will stay in your ear for working out though.

I have the $80 Klipsch that sound better than both Bose and Beats by Dre. They also come with a metal case, and four different size of ear gels in case you have funky ears like me. The sound quality is superior in my opinion.

I have the $80 Klipsch that sound better than both Bose and Beats by Dre. They also come with a metal case, and four different size of ear gels in case you have funky ears like me. The sound quality is superior in my opinion.

I forgot about Klipsch. Good to know, since my old Zune headphones are getting kinda ratty. I'd pondered a set of Klipsch headphones.

... which kind of contradicts my recommendation of Sennheiser above. There's a reason for that, though. One, I really did forget about Klipsch for the above. Two, I have two sets of Sennheiser headphones (HD555 and HD595) and love them, and I have two sets of Klipsch speakers (Quintet IV sats + KSW-12 sub for home theater, Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 for computer) and love them. You really can't go wrong with either.

This thread is relevant to my interests. I am a Bose guy, but only with their home audio items. I have never bought a pair of their headphones. I do need a new set of in-ear phones. My old school iPod set just aren't comfortable to me.

I first bought dre ear buds, they sound amazing but fall out while running. Then I went with the dre over the ear buds. Those sound good but not as great as the tours, they dont block out all noise (intentional). But stay in your ears! Those are my choice, been using them for two years.

Went ahead & ordered the Bose ear buds.

The $99 pair, so many high reviews can't be beat, imo.

They're just SO comfy IMO. Nothing pushing or poking. You can wear them for hours.

Chris

I know you're all talking about ear buds but if you're ever looking for a pair of cans for privacy listening I recommend the AKG K550's. They are amazing!!

I've owned Sennheiser's, Bose, Beats by Dre, Sony and Shure headphones. These AKG's are by far My favorite ever and without any amplification they sound incredible!!!