Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mercedes GL450 Detail

JBlack151

Mercedes GL450

Sunday’s task was a trashed Mercedes GL450 SUV that had never been garaged and seen the abuse of children doing their thing to the interior. I knew this was going to be a long day.

The first task was cleaning the wheels, tires and fender walls. I knew there was some silver left in the rims under all the brake dust. Unfortunately I had to resort to some Iron Cut on these with the Turbo Stick and Wheel Woolies. It took about 2 hours just getting those back to looking the best I could. When everything was finished I used some Quick Sealant on the rims to prevent such a long process from happening again the next time I wash it.

The engine looked like it was in a dust storm out west at some point. Originally the owner didn’t care about the engine getting cleaned; however after showing it to him he agreed it needed some loving and revitalizing. All Purpose Cleaner, In & Out and SVRT were my best friend on this part of the detail. I also used the Boars Hair Wheel Brush, Lug Nut Brush and Wheel Woolies on all the hard to reach places to make sure there wasn’t any dirt remaining anywhere.

The paint was so filthy and I knew it was going to require lots of claying and polishing to get it looking good again. There was sap and rail dust all over along with tar around the bottom areas of the fenders. After a good wash scrubbing I began using the clay bar which 1/3 of a new bar was trashed before I was half way completed. Finished the rest of the SUV with another 1/3 bar. I moved on to Severe Swirl Remover and two passes of Swirl and Haze Remover before moving on to Fine Machine Polish. I topped off the polishing process with Machine Super Sealant to keep her protected for the upcoming winter. The windows had some tough water mark stains all over so I used some Swirl & Haze Remover and the Orange Hex Grip Applicator for the win!

The interior required lots of carpet cleaning to remove all the dirt, stains and of course….the dreaded dried gum in to areas of the back carpets. I moved onto Leather & Interior Cleaner with the interior brush to really clean the leather seats and dashboard well. Then I topped that off with some Leather Conditioner. Revive Polish was used on the wood grain areas and some Glass Cleaner on all the windows.

Here’s the rundown of the Adam’s products used. I’m sure I forgot something since this was a long project.

-Adam’s Ultimate Fire Hose Car Wash Nozzle

-Adam’s All Purpose Cleaner

-Adam’s Green Wheel Cleaner

-Adam’s Fender & Tire Brush

-Adam’s Lug Nut Brush

-Adam’s Turbo Stick

-Adam’s Wheel Woolies

-Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo

-Adam’s Double Car Wash Grit Guard Bucket Kit & Caddy

-Adam’s JUMBO Wash Pad

-Adam’s Great White Microfiber Drying Towel

-Adam’s Blaster Sidekick Dryer by MetroVac

-Adam’s Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing (Lots of It, LOL)

-Adam’s Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing (2 Applications)

-Adam’s Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

-Adam’s Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels

-Adam’s VRT Super Block Dressing Applicator

-Adam’s In & Out Spray

-Adam’s Detailing Clay Bar

-Adam’s Detail Spray

-Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

-Adam’s Carpet Cleaning Brush

-Adam’s Glass Cleaner

-Adam’s ORANGE Hex Grip Applicator (with SHR) on windows

-Adam’s Revive Polish

-Adam’s BLUE Hex Grip Applicator

-Adam’s Glass Cleaner

-Adam’s Glass Cleaning Towel

-Adam’s American Pride Heavy Duty Detailers 50’ Extension Cord

-Flex XC 3401 VRG Polisher

-Adam’s Severe Swirl Remover & Green Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish & Orange Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Fine Machine Polish & White Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Waterless Wash Wipe Down

-Adam’s Waterless Wash Waffle Towels

-Adam’s Machine Super Sealant & Grey Polishing Pad (Allowed 30 minutes before removing)

-Adam's Quick Sealant (on rims)

-Adam's Single Soft Towels

-Adam's Double Soft Towels

-Adam’s Pro Detailers Cart

-Adam’s Rolling Detail Seat

Now on to the pictures

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

50/50 Shot after some In & Out Spray

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

Now on to the results.....

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

A little shower came thru when I was waiting for the owner to pick up the SUV. So I had to admire the beads from the Machine Super Sealant already doing it's job! :banana:

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys/gals!

Edited by JBlack151

My wife's DD is the GL450. That car drives me NUTS!!!!!! The brake dusk is something from another planet. It doesn't matter if you seal the wheels with it just comes back and cakes on. It takes me an hour to detail them each time I wash that beast.

Great detail. I'm getting to the point where I don't have the patients to detail it anymore.