Customer Service 866.965.0400

"beer coozys for seat covers"

DemoN

Question

as Mook just referred to them $%&$%&*$

I have a pair of Wet oakole, neoprene, seat covers that have seen a good amount of use and are stained up some. We attempted to use shout and other stain removing products with limited results. are they shot? any thoughts?

10 answers to this question

as Mook just referred to them $%&$%&*$

I have a pair of Wet oakole, neoprene, seat covers that have seen a good amount of use and are stained up some. We attempted to use shout and other stain removing products with limited results. are they shot? any thoughts?

:willy::lol:

Pics please!:thumbsup:

What is stained in there? The foreign substance I mean...

just dirt...years worth. i didn't spill anything on them or anything. but they look like hell (well, "hell" for a show truck LOL)

I would go to the degreaser...

All Purpose Cleaner. Try it diluted 1:1 with water first. If that isn't strong enough, go full strength. I hear corn starch works too...but that seems weird.

They key is going to be getting all of the residual cleaner and moisture out of the neoprene once clean. I would think rolling them up with a GWT Drying Towel would help get a lot of that out, then simply let air dry in the sun.

Mook

image isn't popping up.

i'll bet you can treat like any other upholstery, test some Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner on an inconspicuous area. if it doesn't hurt the material, soak that stuff with it and scrub away with an interior brush!

may also want to try an extractor with just hot water like those Bissel little green machines after you scrub it with CUC.

straight from their website:

How do I clean my seat covers?

The more you wash, the longer they last. Washing your Wet Okole Hawaii seat covers will ultimately extend the life of your seat covers. Wet suit shampoo was specifically designed for cleaning and conditioning neoprene products. Cleaning with wet suit shampoo removes organic residue, micro-organisms and salt deposits that contribute to the deterioration of neoprene. Conditioning with wet suit shampoo helps prevent excessive drying, premature aging and oxidation of neoprene while continuing to keep the colors bright. Since Wet Okole Hawaii seat covers are waterproof, just wash the seat covers right on the vehicle. No hassles of taking the seat covers on or off. Combine water with your wet suit shampoo. Use a lint-free cloth and wash your seat covers thoroughly. Rinse your seat covers with fresh water and towel dry. DO NOT USE BLEACH OR DETERGENTS CONTAINING BLEACH! DO NOT USE A BRUSH or MACHINE WASH! HAND WASH and AIR DRY ONLY! Wet suit shampoo can be purchased directly from us or any other Wet Okole Hawaii seat cover dealer.

are you using a wet suit shampoo to clean them now?

i am not. i had those seat covers for the better part of 6 years...and in hindsight, they really held up well! after discussing it with mookie....i decided it's time to retire the grey and black covers for good :)

Archived