Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I crazy?

NeonSRT-4

Also while he is building the strength and muscle, get into a good safe stretching routine. Flexibility while putting on the muscle/strength can help prevent injuries and keep him from getting muscle bound if he is really bulking up. Also some explosive movement stuff (Plyometrics) to help the quickness - quick movement really helps in a lot of sports.

Are you kidding me? Please... Tell your friends to bugger off!

My son and daughter are very athletic. Both play flag football and lacrosse. Have been since they were 8 years old. I started an exercise routine when they were 12. 3 days a week they run on a treadmill 2 miles and then do crunches, pushups, chairs, pullups, bridges, etc... I don't use any weights. I call them prison exercises. Anything you can do in a jail cell! They turn 14 this year and will start them on light weights.

"I pick things up and put them down!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXJLuUgZuw&feature=player_embedded]Planet Fitness - I lift Things Up And Put Them Down 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

As I stated in a earlier post,,, Get Doctors approval on health before starting any cardio and weight program. Be safe prior to working it out. That is how we do it... then slowly work them up. But keep them slowly building up.

It is your final call,, but have them checked out first.

As I stated in a earlier post,,, Get Doctors approval on health before starting any cardio and weight program. Be safe prior to working it out. That is how we do it... then slowly work them up. But keep them slowly building up.

It is your final call,, but have them checked out first.

Great point! I neglected to mention that my kids get a physical at the beginning of the school year. Even though physicals are proved by the school, I prefer having their physicians give the go ahead.

I'm not sure the issue here. I think by about 12-13 is when those of us who were serious about playing football started working out. By 14 we were definitely seriously hitting the weights. If he wants to be an athlete he needs to work out. The bigger, faster, stronger he is the better off he will be. I know by the time I was ready for varsity football my Sophomore year we would play some teams who clearly didn't start their kids out early and we dominated them. I could throw some of those kids around like rag dolls.

My only word of caution is to remember when you get older all that muscle turns to mush if you quit using it. This I know first hand.

I don't want to hurt him or over work him...that's my biggest fear. I would appreciate any and all assistance I can get. Thanks.

it worked for me.it's all up to him. does he want to?:rockon: if so,then yes, it's good. don't go super heavy till around the age of 17. join a gym and get the proper instruction because it's easy to get hurt doing a exersize incorectly.:):patriot:

Archived