Customer Service 866.965.0400

2003 BMW 325 Ci

egott_91

This is my step-dad's '03 BMW that we just finished polishing using the PC 7424XP. I didn't take any before pictures since he didn't mention anything about posting it up on here until he just finished it today. The paint is called Black Sapphire Metallic and I tried to get the metallic the best I could in some of the pictures. So, here's the process and the results thanks to Adam's products:2thumbs:

-2 bucket wash

-clay

-2 passes of Severe

-2 passes of Swirl and Haze

-2 passes of Fine Machine on hood and deck lid/spoiler/trunk, 1 pass on the sides and bumpers

-1 pass of Machine Sealant

-windshield clayed, cleaned, and sealed

(Wheels did not receive any attention as they are going to be replaced soon)

The pictures are after the sealant was removed. Still to be applied: Glaze and either Buttery or Americana.

Pictures (all afters):

P1030821.jpg

P1030822.jpg

P1030817.jpg

P1030823.jpg

P1030834.jpg

P1030829.jpg

P1030816.jpg

P1030826.jpg

P1030832.jpg

P1030820.jpg

P1030818.jpg

P1030828.jpg

P1030827.jpg

P1030833.jpg

P1030831.jpg

P1030830.jpg

P1030836.jpg

Signature "von Kleisting":

P1030825.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hmmm, you either know photoshop or your point and shoot camera real well because the photos are great for a PS camera!

As for the car, great job! Black looks awesome when one nails it eh !!!:thumbsup:

I wish I would've gotten some befores. This thing was pretty bad for only having 14k miles. Halograms all along the side and swirls all over. My brother has a black '04 CTS-V that is swirl city, keep your eye out for the one, it'll be a major transformation.

Is it safe to assume focus pads were used in the tight spots on the trunk?

It would be safe to assume that, because you are correct. I had the honor of doing that part. Wasn't horrible except the focus pads on a PC don't correct as fast since you're working on 4 instead of 5.

From a text I received earlier, it sounds like he rewashed it so he could apply glaze and Buttery! Might have new pictures when I get home from classes tonight.

What challenges did you run into with the clear coat? I'll be doing a paint correction on my 06 M3 once I get everything I need.

It's a pretty hard clear so it takes some time to remove the swirls with a PC. If you have a Flex, it might not take as long, but it took about 2 days total just to polish and it still has some deeper swirls and scratches.

He applied glaze and buttery yesterday as well as putting the new wheels and tires on. He had to work today, so hopefully there's not much frost tonight or dew that it leaves spots (he works 24 hour shifts and it sits out overnight at work) so we can get pictures with the new wheels.

Great working car and great work also!

Idk if that was a typo by putting "working" instead of "looking" but it's funny that you say that because my step-dad always claims that its "just his work car":lolsmack:

Holy reflection!!!! Nice. sign0173.gif

I am also glad you did the signature "Dylan" pic. :2thumbs:

I need step kids like you that I could trust with my car. Your awesome!

Thank you! I have always respected and cared for my vehicles' date=' and now that I have switched to Adam's, that level of caring for my vehicles has soared. As a matter of fact, I spent 12 hours on my car yesterday...

Nice work! Great to see the ZQ8 wheels back on the DD. :2thumbs:

Hahaha! Went back on the 2nd week of March when we got our tease of summer.

Archived