Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ok so......Playing with the Flex

Maxspeed

Question

Ok so....my car is clayed and today is Swirl & Haze remover day.

I am adapting the Junkmans technique to my own

1. Have lots of Advil, your back will hurt. Have an Ipod.

2. Spray pad, add product, spray again. Use setting 1 to spread product instead of feathering trigger. Then choose 5.

3. When polish starts to flash spray pad again. Use the junkman's speed but sometimes go a little faster just to help back unstiffen.

4. Use Waterless wash to remove product with a MF towel to check work.

Since I am starting with SnH and not Severe SnH I. don't have any since my Camaro is brand new and figured I wouldnt need it. I have to acccept the fact that some of the marks are probably deeper than I will be able to remove and just accept that fact and move on. I have spent 1 hour doing 3/4 of the hood. Otherwise I will spend all day on the hood.

Yes, I know I am using McQuires for the spray. I am saving the good Stuff for my Camaro.

Here is my set up.

Proper pressure with the flex (IMO) is closer to 9 than it is to 14 and when you factor in the weight of the machine itself, on a horizontal panel its not much pressure at all.

Exactly. I found that just the weight of my hand on the maching was enough with little to no pressing.

oh ya, definately get a bathroom scale so you can see what 9 - 14 lbs of pressure is. What I thought was 9 - 14 was actually 63 lbs!

Only a little off. Your back won't hurt as much if you let the machine do the work. I've only tried one car, but I couldn't figure out why everyone was so sore - too much pressure.

Archived