Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master Blaster

Interesting! Anyone know approx. how much an electrician would charge to correctly install a dedicated 20A outlet next to my circuit breaker panel in the garage for this beast?

depends on the area, since your panel is right there and your just mounting the plug next to it you could probably get him for less then $150 including parts. you could probably get the guy to come after hours on the way home from work for $50 cash if you supplied the parts. Personally the electrician i use on customers sites would do it for 65 + beer and good company :thumbsup:

However for our house im the "in house" electrician :lol:

Extension cords have absolutely NOTHING to do with why your breaker is tripping. if you use a measly 16ga standard cord you are doing nothing but drastically straining your motors and in turn causing them to wear prematurely. if you have to use an extension cord you need 12ga and nothing really longer then 15-20ft. anything longer you need to go 10ga and those max out at 35-50ft and cost a small fortune

You are probably on a 15amp line that is not dedicated, meaning lights, computers or refrigerators are also running. when you turn your masterblaster on it "spikes" the line and causes it to trip.

These things really need a truely dedicated 20amp line with 12ga romex to the outlet. when you turn it on it will spike to around 23-24 amps and level down after a second or two to 17-19 amps consistently.

Guys, speaking of this some of you may think that you can just swap out the breaker to a 20amp and be done. i cannot stress this enough YOU CANNOT DO THIS. 15 amp lines have 14/2 romex. if you put a 20 amp breaker on that you can possible start a fire within the walls from the line over heating. 20 amp lines require 12ga (12/2) romex

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Thank You!

Eh mook, Everytime I turn both blowers on I trip a fuse. With this new extension cord thats coming it, will it avoid that problem? Any electricians around that can chime in?

Nope... if the blower itself were having issues then it would be a cord related issue, but if you're popping fuses the outlet you're using is probably loaded with other stuff as the others mentioned.

Interesting! Anyone know approx. how much an electrician would charge to correctly install a dedicated 20A outlet next to my circuit breaker panel in the garage for this beast?

Probably gonna depend a lot on how far he has to run to get to the panel, etc.

My panel, luckily, is right on the outside of my garage wall, a run less than 5 ft, and my guy said it would be under $100 including material.

Just got my dedicated outlet installed!

I am very lucky that my panel is almost in the perfect location to add an outlet like this for the purposes of detailing.

Even though I don't own a Master Blaster yet (soon I hope) I will be using this for everything else: buffers, pressure washer, halogens, sidekick.

Total he charged me $125, including all hardware and parts, which I think is very fair. It took less than an hour to put in. I asked him to put a cover plate on to avoid water spray from getting to it since it is so close to the driveway.

My electrician working on the panel

2012-03-22104324.jpg

Finished

2012-03-22110728.jpg

DEDICATED :)

2012-03-22110758.jpg

I am one of the lucky ones who already had a 20 amp breaker and recepticle in the garage exactly where I wanted to hang my blower. Didnt even realize it until I bought the blaster...

By the way I used mine today to blow the pollen off the car, worked great!

• 1 month later...
Just got my dedicated outlet installed!

I am very lucky that my panel is almost in the perfect location to add an outlet like this for the purposes of detailing.

Even though I don't own a Master Blaster yet (soon I hope) I will be using this for everything else: buffers, pressure washer, halogens, sidekick.

Total he charged me $125, including all hardware and parts, which I think is very fair. It took less than an hour to put in. I asked him to put a cover plate on to avoid water spray from getting to it since it is so close to the driveway.

Congrats. It is always nice to have a good outlet.

I wonder why he just did not drop the outlet vertically so a straight run to the outlet. Do you want it in the exact spot he located it?

Rant: If you told the electrician you would detail his car for $125 for just an hour of work including materials, do you think he would think it is fair? I am just musing about how prices for services vary by trade. I do know if he is legit he has a license, etc. but seems like detailers do not get the same respect.

To get maximum blow power out of the vac n blo, you need to remove the end cap and filters (cloth and paper bag). You leave the mesh filter in place (the one under the cloth). Once you do this, the blow force is very close to a Master Blaster with one motor on. This is approved by Metro (removing end cap/cloth and paper filters) - talked to David myself.

To get maximum blow power out of the vac n blo, you need to remove the end cap and filters (cloth and paper bag). You leave the mesh filter in place (the one under the cloth). Once you do this, the blow force is very close to a Master Blaster with one motor on. This is approved by Metro (removing end cap/cloth and paper filters) - talked to David myself.

Good tip!

Rant: If you told the electrician you would detail his car for $125 for just an hour of work including materials, do you think he would think it is fair? I am just musing about how prices for services vary by trade. I do know if he is legit he has a license, etc. but seems like detailers do not get the same respect.

Lol, You think detailers don't get respect you should run an av company. It has got to be the most retched miserable business you can run, I also see where your coming from though. I would actually put them in the same respect category but av being the absolute bottom of the perverbial totem pole :help:

Cool tip anything to help the sucking? The vacum really does suck, the one thing I am truly disappointed in. And I have the jumbo!

Well 20 Amp circuit completed.

So the master blaster has its own quad recepticle on a 20 amp breaker with 12/2 romex wire. The thing that makes me mad is the panel had only one spare breaker spot (now used). Builders grade, now lets not put in more then you need attitude. A few more spare slots would have been nice.

Hoping to see Master Blaster arrive end of this week.;)

Well 20 Amp circuit completed.

So the master blaster has its own quad recepticle on a 20 amp breaker with 12/2 romex wire. The thing that makes me mad is the panel had only one spare breaker spot (now used). Builders grade, now lets not put in more then you need attitude. A few more spare slots would have been nice.

Hoping to see Master Blaster arrive end of this week.;)

Some builders like the BAM approach. Bare *** Minimum.

Archived