Customer Service 866.965.0400

G8 fans might like this...or not.

bjoeaull

I would like to see them replace the entire Impala lineup with the Holdens. The Commodore already comes in a 4 door sedan, performance sedan, station wagon, and sport ute (think El Camino!). All RWD with great engines. A supercharged SS would be nice!

I would like to see that too, but Its not going to happen. Up Until this last year the Impala was the bestselling Car GM made. The Cruze has taken that honor now. There will always be a huge market in the US for Large FWD Sedans especially in the rental car market.

Everything I have been reading is that the next generation Holden Commodore is going to be a little smaller than the current one. Its going to be more of a midsized car like the Malibu. The Malibu only had a 2” shorter wheel base than the Commodore and is only 5” shorter total. The Commodore is going to use the new RWD Alpha platform same as the ATS and CTS and Camaro. The ATS and Camaro (next gen Camaro is going to be much smaller and lighter than current) are going to be and the Alpha and the CTS and Commodore are going to be on a slightly longer version: Alpha +

If I ran GM I would take that Alpha Platform and use it as much as possible:

I would take the Normal Alpha Platform and use in for the ATS and Camaro. The Alpha + could be used for the CTS and Commodore/ Caprice/ Ute and could also be used as a Chevrolet Chevelle and an El Camino. An SS Chevelle with 450 ish HP I think would sell pretty well.

They could even take the El Camino and add AWD with a raised ground clearance and have a great replacement for the Colorado. It would be enough of a vehicle for 99% of the Colorado owners out there and would not eat into Silverado/Sierra Sales. It would be nice to have a fuel efficient small pickup that drove and sipped gas like a car but with the practicality of a truck.

They could also use the Alpha Platform and shrink it down a bit for use in a RWD 2+2 Coupe or Convertible similar to the Code 130R Concepts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just think if they had made that a GTO...

The Coupe 60 would be the PERFECT daily driver for me. It's usually just myself driving to and from work. If we go out to lunch we usually take someone else's ride but has the ability to seat 4, I'm sure gets decent mileage for it having a V-8, looks absolutely killer in every capacity and I'm fairly certain that the Coupe 60 would draw in a lot of attention. Plus I'm sure it would make the M3 boys here at work start to sweat a bit :D

I see the Mega Millions is up to 290 million for the next drawing. Wonder how much one of these would cost to import. Hmm...

Dream big right? :jester:

Then again, I may just make that one my show car so I don't feel so bad about putting miles on the G8 :jester:

go to australia, buy one, and import it into the US... people in europe and the middle east do it all the time with american cars. that is once the production one comes out ;)

Here are a couple of pics from when I was on the 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour. They shipped three of them over here from Australia just for it. You will see that the red and blue ones are supercharged.

man I want one so bad!

Its official, I need to move to Australia just for the cars!:drool: They are so much cooler than what you can find in the US right now

I coule drive a Ute and my wife would drive this:

SS_V_01_L_700.jpg

It's sad that the Caprice versions look so ugly when it is possible to make a decent looking Chevy out of the Commodore.

1_chevy-commodore_420-420x0.jpg

I Totaly Agree with you. Even though they are very close to the exact same car. I think The Commodore (Chevy Lumina) is 100X better looking than the Caprice

2011-Chevrolet.jpg

The Holden Commodore/Chevy Lumina looks much sportier than the Caprice plus it is a litte smaller and lighter. I really hope this new Chevy car that they are coming out with to be the new NASCAR car, and actually sell in the dealerships is the Commodore/Lumina and not the Caprice.

GM obvisoulsy sells the Commodore in Australia and they sell the Lumina in South Africa, both in right hand drive. They use to sell it in the middle east (left hand drive)but now only the Caprice is available.

Im affraid that the New Chevy car is going to be the Caprice, since it should be much cheaper to make a Civilian version of the caprice since they are already selling the PPV version here.

Archived