Customer Service 866.965.0400

The new iPad

Z71_Denali

To me Siri is just a novelty. I personally would never ever ever use it. It's lazy and gets stuff wrong over 50% of the time.

I have the 4s and i F#*@@* HATE SIRI. she is useless, doesnt work and when i "want" to use her she is unavailable. its stupid and i wouldnt even give it the novelty name because thats giving it a compliement :mad:

fail on apple, it sucks and is stupid anyway. I turned her off. I feel bad for the suckers that actually buy a 4s for siri. :willy:

I love my iPad 2, I have found myself using it every single day for school work, whether it be recording lectured or looking up quick info in a pinch. I personally don't see the point of getting anything but the wifi only model, but that is because I have the iPhone 4 and also a Macbook. I saved another almost $100 bucks on a refurbished model (mom gift for Christmas) and it had been amazing. I think the upgrades for the iPad 3 is awesome but for me personally the jump to the iPad 3 doesnt make much sense for the following reasons. New camera upgrade is nice, but I have my iPhone and use my slr, not my iPad. The 4g lte stuff is really cool too, but it is effective almost everywhere then im gunna wait. the new retina screen display is sure going to be amazing though, that is one reason I'd get one, the screen on my iPad has blown my mind so right now im content. If I didn't have my 2 though, i'd definitely be picking up a 3, i thought tablets were pointless at first since i already have my Macbook but after using them even around school I see how they are very versatile. Another reason the 3 isn't for me is I'm saving up for the upcoming revamped macbook pro line which should be out soon, I cant wait to see what they do :D

But you can talk with it (w/skype or Facetime) and text (exactly like a iPhone).

To me Siri is just a novelty. I personally would never ever ever use it. It's lazy and gets stuff wrong over 50% of the time.

This iPad is a ton better than the first two just with the screen alone.

However I would expect to see an LTE iPhone (6th Generation) in June or September and I would also plan on seeing a small screen tablet (7") around the same time. It's kind of like I know someone that works at Apple or something. Hmmmm:willy:

This is where you are wrong. You can text (kind of) iMessage allows you to send messages between iPhones and soon to Macs, you can also use FaceTime when on WiFi which is fun and just as good as a phone but better. I replaced all my paper magazine subscriptions with digital ones on the iPad and I also prefer using my iPad while laying in bed to browse the internet vs my laptop (gets hot) or my iPhone (small screen)....

so you have to rely on whoever you want to talk/text to, to have an apple product or skype. still limits the capability of contacting anyone. i never use facetime because its glitchy and takes time away from the conversation when the screen freezes up.

I have the 4s and i F#*@@* HATE SIRI. she is useless, doesnt work and when i "want" to use her she is unavailable. its stupid and i wouldnt even give it the novelty name because thats giving it a compliement :mad:

fail on apple, it sucks and is stupid anyway. I turned her off. I feel bad for the suckers that actually buy a 4s for siri. :willy:

thats hilarious! every one of my friends that tries to show her off to me has failed! half the time she says, "I'm sorry i cannot help you right now, please try again later" :lol:

this is probably why they didn't load Siri on the iPad. i bet even their new A5X chip can't handle her... better luck with the A6!

so you have to rely on whoever you want to talk/text to, to have an apple product or skype. still limits the capability of contacting anyone. i never use facetime because its glitchy and takes time away from the conversation when the screen freezes up.

No. Skype can call any phone number (just not free), so the other person doesn't need to have Skype at all. Skype also will text message, so you are good there also.

Remember people, Siri is STILL BETA!!!! The possibilities are endless, and I have to say that the more you use it, the better/more accurate it gets. I've found that out over time. I seldom use it for more than dictating texts or emails, but it does work well for that. The other thing is your data network needs to be pretty quick to use it. If you're in a large town with 3G that's being hammered, it may come back unavailable or work slowly.

Chris

I was really excited about the launch of the new iPad. When I saw what they actually did, I promptly ran out and bought an Asus Transformer Prime.

I'm waiting on the Asus Transformer Prime TF700. Should be nice!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Makes me sound like a fanboy, but there's an app for that LOL. It's called text now and is free. You can make calls and text ANY cell. My cousin has it on his itouch. If you have a 3G/4G iPad then you could use it as a phone anywhere.

The retina display is what is making me consider the new iPad. I surf the web a lot and could use a bigger screen. I currently have the 4S, upgrades from the 3GS

• 2 weeks later...

I said this many times, I really don't see the point of a regular joe to have an iPad if they have an iPhone or laptop. I myself have a laptop desktop and iPhone.

I see it like this, if I'm traveling I'll bring my laptop(i travel maybe once every 2 years) if I'm laying down and I want to check the scores or watch a video on YouTube, I have my phone or laptop.

To me, the iPad is just another thing people like to say they have. Now if you have a business it's a totally different ball game.

I do not currently have any tablet device but I'll probably end up getting one but not right this second. My main use for it would be the use of DashBoss in my vehicles which allows real time engine metrics viewing, datalogging and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Also I would most certainly have it with me at car shows. I figure if a judge or someone else wants to see some build photos I can show them fairly easily with the iPad. Plus that's where the retina display comes in to make the photos look very sharp and clear.

My only gadgets I have now are my iPhone 4 and my dell tower computer from back in 2004 :willy: I do want to build a screamin tower which can be done fairly cheap these days all things considered and then just use the tablet and my phone. I haven't been sold on laptops since I mainly don't need to use one since I don't travel often and based upon my needs a laptop wouldn't get used very much at all.

I dont think using it for business is the only use..

It's convenient because it's smaller than a laptop but bigger than a phone.. Easier to travel with, easier to use on a plane.. Etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think using it for business is the only use..

It's convenient because it's smaller than a laptop but bigger than a phone.. Easier to travel with, easier to use on a plane.. Etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget battery life is great. It can run forever without a charge. I also agree with everything you said.:2thumbs:

Haven't had it long enough to notice batt life.. Lol

We shall see, I'm flying to Fort Lauderdale in the morning and may watch Thor or Captain America (seen both, but better than listening to my boss)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived