Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's... STOLEN

AppleScrapple44

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bizarre problems I've had with shipping before...

UPS:

• Marked Delivered by accident but was acutally put back on the truck because no one signed.
  • Ordered a surround sound system and the UPS guy didnt want to leave it on the front porch because it was all marked and he thought it would get stolen. Someone had left the man door to the garage open so he put it in the garage and locked the door.

FedEx

• Likes to let my neighbor across the street 3 houses down from us sign for stuff even though we don't really know them that well. The only way I figured this out was to view the signature on their website.

Side note... Tigerdirect has nice Video Systems. I bought a 2 camera system for my office at work since I keep upwards of $100,000 worth of computers/networking equipment/iPads/etc... in there at any given time. Too many people have a key for it where I dont feel comfy. Worth every penny.... Found out who was using my Cologne on my desk.

There are so many possibilities here. Figuring out what really happened without talking to the driver himself it may be difficult.

I have seen it where for example you quickly glance at an address and you have in your mind that it says something when in fact the driver has rearranged the sequence enough and he has in is my mind a visual on the house and leaves it there. For example 2423 on the box and leaves it at 2243 or have had this happen to me personally. I live at 13757 and have had stuff left at 13657.

Sometimes every street may have a lot of the same numbers but one street off. Not sure if you live in house. Iam assuming that you do. If not this is a possibility to as was mentioned by someone else. The driver dropped it at an apartment office and didn't bother tagging your door that he or she did so.

A lot of people don't realize this but UPS has the technology, (don't think FedEX does) to where they can tell where an package has been delivered literally. They can tell if the driver was in your back yard, etc. People are amazed when I go to their house and have a picture that shows where the package was delivered. Had a driver deliver a package one house off on my route because the mailboxes are confusing, and houses aren't numbered. And GPS helped me in recovering that package.

Another thing to check is maybe the driver fat fingered where he left it. Not sure on FedEx's set up but for example with UPS 6 is porch and 3 is garage. Maybe walk around your property and check, back doors, bushes by door's, etc.

Not to say this is the case with you, but I had a lady call in a couple weeks later that she never received her package and that it was left at the back door. First place I went was the back door and there it still was in a bag....:lolsmack:

And believe it or not, I found this hard to believe myself with as many stops as some drivers do. He will remember that stop and package when asked about it. It could be a couple months later. I do about 200 stops a day, and unless you get stuff everyday. The chances of me remembering it and where I left it are quite high.

Last but not least it is possible that it was stolen. Christmas time is the time when people are out following looking for stuff like that. Had a driver where I work miss a stop went around the block. GPS showed 45 seconds. The stop that he had just finished empty box was in the road. I have a knack for picking up if Iam being followed and am always aware of my surroundings. A lot don't, which amazes me.

Hopefully you find your item. :cheers:

I had two packages delivered to my home, not on the same day. I noted that the address was clearly 2301 I'm 2304, right across the street so re-delivered to my neighbors. Also have had mail delivered to my address and was intended for one street away. Things happen and if people are honest all will work out.

I had a package never delivered from Christmas 2010, via UPS

Now I have to sign for EVERYTHING I order that ships through UPS, and I mean everything.

Once your on the 'must sign' list, you're there for good

I had a package never delivered from Christmas 2010, via UPS

Now I have to sign for EVERYTHING I order that ships through UPS, and I mean everything.

Once your on the 'must sign' list, you're there for good

I think i might hve been put ino this list.

Ups used to just leave the packages in my yard. This is okay as i have a passcode gate.

Now I always end up with theyre anoyying little notice of" we missed you today"

and once i sign the note... they decide its okay to leave it in the yard. Which makes no sense cause once again the package is still out in the open like it wuldve been in the first place. except now it wuld be my fault if it disapears... thanks ups and fedex... Well i guess better safe than sorry.

Hope you get this all straigntened out.

Honestly. I like USPS way better. they delive on saturdays without the extra fee

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I'm always home when FedEx/UPS runs in my hood. I even see em comin' and run out and greet him at the end of my driveway - saves him the walk and he seems to appreciate it.

They remember that crap, ya know.

Another reason to find a local Adam's dealer and give him your loot. They will likely match the daily specials 99% of the time. Check with them to see.

Ok... FedEx came by and stood in front of my door pointing at the ground repeating, " yeah it was right here". It was stolen. The note makes no sense because then the thieves know when to come back. This sucks.

I would like to add the Adams Box GPS for an extra 9.99. Ill also take the Adams Gotcha Door Cam complete with Adams Spy Camera Lens cleaner and lens sealant... for the best view.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i hope you get it figured out, world is full of cheats and thieves, sorry to hear either way that you encountered one.

Indeed. If FedEx can't be of any help, you may want to see if your homeowner's or renters insurance offers any coverage.

Plain view. There really isn't a places to hide it here.

Anyway that he could have got into your backyard to leave it, or a bush by your door? Milkbox, planter to hide it behind? If there wasn't a good place to leave it, he should have attempted to leave it with a neighbor.

Ok... FedEx came by and stood in front of my door pointing at the ground repeating, " yeah it was right here". It was stolen. The note makes no sense because then the thieves know when to come back. This sucks.

I would like to add the Adams Box GPS for an extra 9.99. Ill also take the Adams Gotcha Door Cam complete with Adams Spy Camera Lens cleaner and lens sealant... for the best view.

That sucks man, I hate to say it, but I hope you don't end up on the dreadful "MUST SIGN" for everything list. It really sucks, cause all it takes is one instance and you're stuck signing for stuff as little as a toothbrush :(..... at least with UPS you are, hopefully not with FedEX

A buddy of mine recently got one of those new Craftsman garage door openers that allows you to open the garage door via your smart phone. He gets a ton of stuff delivered to his house and he uses this feature when he's not home. UPS/FedEX will call him and he'll open the garage door, then shut it after they leave. Pretty cool if you ask me. Once the guys get the hang of it (since it's typically the same guy in an area for awhile), it becomes second nature.

Been ordering a lot of Adam's stuff over the past week. This thread just convinced me to begin shipping to my work now.

Bummer man, I would be pissed off as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Just thought of this. Check with the credit card you used, many have benefits that would cover this since it was stolen (the ones I use would).

Good idea Tim, sure worth a try. Sucks that we have some in our society that just can't keep there hands off others property. :mad:

Archived