Customer Service 866.965.0400

To tint front windows or not?

bigaudiofanatic

Should I tint the front windows?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should I tint the front windows?

• Yes
    • No

If you tint do not drive through Va...you will get a ticket!

If you have out-of-state plates, they cannot give you a ticket for window tint. They can only enforce their own laws.

Any Leo's feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..

If you have out-of-state plates, they cannot give you a ticket for window tint. They can only enforce their own laws.

I know in California, that's not the case (if your military anyways). Us Military guys try that stuff all the time because a good percentage of the time our home of record is different than the state we live in. This gives us the option to get out of state plates wherever we go. If you live in California, it doesn't matter that you have New York plates, because you live here. The good thing is, that the Local cops really don't catch on, it's the gate and on base SF that get you.

Not correct. Virginia actually wrote into their law that "anybody driving through Va with less than 50% will get a $100 fine". After the third ticket it becomes a felony here. I was on my second ticket when i got that. I'm in the military with S.C. plates stationed here. I had 20% because its legal there. My second ticket i was on cruise control doing 50 in a 55 at 6 in the morning no traffic at all going to C&C. Gay a$$ state trooper had nothing else to do. Just another reason why i can't stand a cop...IMO.

Not correct. Virginia actually wrote into their law that "anybody driving through Va with less than 50% will get a $100 fine". After the third ticket it becomes a felony here. I was on my second ticket when i got that. I'm in the military with S.C. plates stationed here. I had 20% because its legal there. My second ticket i was on cruise control doing 50 in a 55 at 6 in the morning no traffic at all going to C&C. Gay a$$ state trooper had nothing else to do. Just another reason why i can't stand a cop...IMO.

That's a great way to piss off people vacationing in your state. I personally wouldn't go knowing that. I have tint... There are other states that want to take my money in a different way.

Chris

Guest Gone & Forgotten

What is Fish Bowel? Sounds itchy.

I just did my own on the Silverado - 20% back half, 35% front 2, keeping with local stupid ordinances.

Wish i would have gone 5% on back half - oh well. Tint is murder to remove (from what I know) so....

Cost me $45 off ebay, good quality 3m tint, precut.

just do it and if you have a problem take off the front two. its not the end of the world.. ive had 15%-5% all around and 20-30% windshields on every car ive had since i was 17 and never had issues...

also almost everyone in my surroudning towns and mine has it ... depends where you are honestly.. also the kind of car it is... also your age...

i also have alot of family members in L.E. so if i ever get stopped they just let me go.

Tinted windows should be mandatory for every car :)

There is a reason why the windows are tinted in all the new a car commercials, because they look much better!

thats so true... I pointed that out to my father and he said he never noticed that in commercials beforehand and then once I said it I think there was 1 car commercial where it wasn't tinted lmao

Well, I live in MD. I have the max legal 35% all around. No problem. I also have 50% in my windshield. I had a Caddy with 20% all around & 35% on the windshield. The look from the outside is fabulous with a tinted windshield. However, if it's raining at night time it gets much harder to see out. Yes, even with my 20/20 vision.

I was also forced to take off the tint on the Caddy because the officer "can't see through my vehicle" from behind. Keep in mind that this was at night too. I did have it on for over 1 year before having to remove it.

My current car with 50% in the windshield, no problems...other than I wish I could get it darker without worrying about getting pulled over for it. PLUS: windshield tint actually prolongs your dash life and help keep the car a little but cooler in the summer months.

It comes down to: Piece of mind & mildly enhanced look VS big style points & waisting $ in the long run.

The mini is 5% all the way around, I want to get the windshield done with 35%. I am also tempted to layer the tint with another 15% to make it even darker. I dont have a problem at all seeing at night, backing up is never an issue either.

My dads audi has 5% rear window and 20% sides. I had it tinted that way because i hate being able to see through the car from the back. In the audi you cant really tell because their is enough paint between the rear window and sides you never know the sides are lighter. I also cannot STAND seeing cars that ahve the rears darker and then the front lighter. It looks so sh!ty and cheap.I hate when people also just tint the rears and leave the front, might as well not even be done.

I also agree, Tint should be law:) i cannot drive a car that doesnt have tint, especially at night. The halos kill me and the sun glare during the day is insane. I feel its more dangerous not to have tint :D

The tint on the front window is even with the sides, its just the angle i took the pic your looking through the side through the front windshield making it seem lighter.

DSC03459.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03204.jpg

Archived