Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

On the Rox front...the prize of the Ubaldo deal last year just threw four shutout innings in the minors today...gonna make his season debut against the Snakes on Sunday.

Drew Pomeranz. Next big Lefty in the MLB....remember his name!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Rox front...the prize of the Ubaldo deal last year just threw four shutout innings in the minors today...gonna make his season debut against the Snakes on Sunday.

Drew Pomeranz. Next big Lefty in the MLB....remember his name!

Nice, we get some newbie to beat up on Sunday. :jester:

Ugh! Seriously Angels? Up 6-0 on the Twins and have the bullpen hand it over, lose it by a final of 9-10... good thing they're getting this out of their system early.

Better get used to it, buddy. I have a feeling the LAAofA will have bullpen probs all year.

Nathan blew one for the Rangers last night. But at least it wasn't 6 runs! Ouch!

ALWest is gonna be a dog-fight.

How about my Blue Jays

Jays are going to be good. Love that 3rd baseman.

SO we have fans of the following teams in this thread:

Jays

Mets

Rockies

Angels

Rangers

Who'd I miss?

If the Rox continue the lack of Defense and mental errors, I think this guy may be our new play by play man...

uecker.jpg

Ha! Harry Doyle! "He leads the league in most offensive categories - including nose hair."

OH GREAT! The Halos are down 5-0 against the Yankees in the 5th. If the Yankees win my train ride home is going to be horrible!

The train from Yankee Stadium is the same train I have to ride home on during day games. It will be full of horrible drunk fans ready to say something to me since I wore my Angels pullover today!

Looks like I'm grabbing a tall can for the ride and putting the iPod on full blast. Fingers crossed for a comeback!!!

OH GREAT! The Halos are down 5-0 against the Yankees in the 5th. If the Yankees win my train ride home is going to be horrible!

The train from Yankee Stadium is the same train I have to ride home on during day games. It will be full of horrible drunk fans ready to say something to me since I wore my Angels pullover today!

Looks like I'm grabbing a tall can for the ride and putting the iPod on full blast. Fingers crossed for a comeback!!!

No offense to a fellow TBSSer...or ASHLEY, but I hope the Yankees get shutout, then lose about 56 in a row, and at the same time pass around mono. Besides, if the Halos lose too many, the according to Dylan, the Daily Special gets cancelled. :lol:

GO RED SOX!

This start is certainly disappointing for my Halo's... a lot of talent, but no production. There is no way on earth our 9 hole hitter should be leading the team in RBI's.

The bandwagon fans are jumping off the ship quickly (which isn't all bad) but the 2002 WS winning team started 6-14 so with only a small sample and a team full of guys who are obviously pressing really hard rather than just playing their game I'm not going to panic.

Its a loooooooong season and a rocky start isn't anything to get too worked up over.

Don't care for the Red Sox but my wife is a huge fan since she lived in Boston. We still head up there all the time to catch games.

There is nothing like sitting in Fenway (with a beam obstructing your view) and enjoying that awesome place!

Maybe I'm just missing the necessary gene but I'll never understand all of the "Yankee Hatred". People around here (Texas) HATE the Yankees to a point that's just silly. If you pin them down as to why it's pretty much because the Yankees always kicked around the Rangers and they spend so much money.

I point out that they don't kick around the Rangers anymore and LOTs of teams spend lots of money.

Believe me - I root against the Yankees when they play the Rangers (and I root FOR them when they play the Angels) but I have NOTHING but respect for the winning tradition the Yankees have produced over the last 100 years.

The best part of the RedSox '04 run to winning the WS was beating the Yankees! (If the Yankees were bad that amazing comeback wouldn't have happened.) The best part of the Rangers run to the WS in '10 was beating the Yankees. (They'd never been good enough before.)

The fact is: Baseball is better when the Yankees are good.

OK - flame on....

Uh oh. Ellsbury just injured his right shoulder. Looks bad.

*crying in the corner now. HARD. Thanks.

Wanna know why I hate the Yankees? They are the biggest rival to the Red Sox. I thought that George was a real jerk, and his sons are no better. I always respected Jorge, Jeter, Riv, and O'Neill. Heck, Torre is okay too.

The rest of them, (post Steinbrenner purchase), this is a family friendly forum, and if I keep typing of what I think of them (IE Purple Lipstick wearing ARod), the Sicilian in me is gonna let loose. I loved the old Yankees teams of the 50s and 60s. They were how I learned what baseball is, thanks to my grandfather, and uncle. Mickey Mantle. That was my favorite player before I learned who Rickey Henderson was. He played for the Yankees when I opened that pack of Sportflics back in the summer of 1987, that well, solidified my life long love for a game that is based on failure.

Baseball taught me so many valuable things for being such a game of beauty. Usually one can't have learning and beauty at the same time. I was able to procure two games of the Halos-Rox series for a friend and me ;).

Going to games 2 and 3. Game 2 we will be four rows behind the Rox dugout, and Game 3, we are sitting behind the scouts with radar guns, behind home plate. :D

:thumbsup:

Wanna know why I hate the Yankees? They are the biggest rival to the Red Sox. I thought that George was a real jerk, and his sons are no better.

Believe me - I understand not liking George and ARod (trust me - there's not much love for those guys here in TX.) I just don't get the ramp up to "HATE". Maybe it's just semantics but words mean something to me.

I'll save "hate" for people that are trying to hurt my family. ARod just gets hardy applause from me when he strikes out with the bases loaded. And a scoff when he says/does something stupid. He can be a real jerk but he's been a heck of a ballplayer for a long time.

Sounds like a fun series w/ the Angels. I'm afraid I won't be able to get near the Ballpark in Arlington when the Angels come to town....