Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Baseball Tonight whilst enjoying a couple Bud Lights last night.

Do you know how nice that felt?

:)

Get the MLB package from DirecTV and you'll never leave your couch.

My life is over until November.

Angels had a pre-scheduled off day in the middle of the twins series yesterday in case of weather... I'm so amped up from the season starting I didn't know what to do with myself LOL

Will the Tigers lose a GAME this year?

They look really good... but at some point there will be a weak spot... Verlander is clearly lights out every night, Fister has looked like a legit #2... behind that I don't trust the rest of that rotation thru an entire season to keep it going. Also they haven't faced a good pitching staff yet... Boston is shakey and Beckett looks like hes in for another 'off' year.

Yesterday against Moore was hard to gauge... the guys still green. Really good, but the only real big league time hes logged was last year in the postseason. It'll be interesting to see if they can still stack up those kinds of numbers against guys like C.C., Weaver, and other top of heap type arms. No doubt they've got offense by the heap, but good pitching beats good hitting.

Tulo vs. Timmy. GOT HEEEEM!

Big Timmy Tim Jim didn't look so hot in that first start... lets hope he turns it around.

Beckett was Top 5 in ERA last season...this season screams being bad, and older.

Mad Timmy at Coors Field could mean another shut out for the Rox. They aren't playing with any kind of confidence right now, and apparently fielding the ball is too hard for them.

Angels had a pre-scheduled off day in the middle of the twins series yesterday in case of weather... I'm so amped up from the season starting I didn't know what to do with myself LOL

Anything to do with that Albert guy? <grin>

They look really good... but at some point there will be a weak spot... Verlander is clearly lights out every night, Fister has looked like a legit #2... behind that I don't trust the rest of that rotation thru an entire season to keep it going. Also they haven't faced a good pitching staff yet... Boston is shakey and Beckett looks like hes in for another 'off' year.

Yesterday against Moore was hard to gauge... the guys still green. Really good, but the only real big league time hes logged was last year in the postseason. It'll be interesting to see if they can still stack up those kinds of numbers against guys like C.C., Weaver, and other top of heap type arms. No doubt they've got offense by the heap, but good pitching beats good hitting.

You're right, of course, but those two monsters batting 3 and 4. Yikes!

Also - the bullpen could be better. I'm not sure Valverde is going to be perfect again (in fact he's already blown a save - game 1 - one more than he blew all last year) and they may have a little trouble getting to him every night.

I know they are beatable but not by another team in the AL Central - that's for sure...

I know they are beatable but not by another team in the AL Central - that's for sure...

Oh totally agree... unless there is some kind of catastrophic injury to key guys or they forget how to play all of a sudden I'm pretty sure you can pencil them in for another AL central win - the postseason is a whole other animal though.

Oh, and, BTW: Verlander has a 1 hitter into the 9th. Dude's sick.

I know Halladay gets all the play as being top dog, but for my money I don't think there is a better pitcher in all of baseball than Verlander.

I know Halladay gets all the play as being top dog, but for my money I don't think there is a better pitcher in all of baseball than Verlander.

Unfortunatly JV just blew that game in the 9th. Rays came back on him and now he's losing.

That's baseball...