Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

Hanley Ram to the Dodgers. I wonder how how Donnie Baseball will like THAT guy...

The Dodgers need a SS and Hanley can be great (when he wants to be) but he can also be a bit petulant.... Might be an explosive combination.

I'm thinking its not going to end well...

Hanley is amazingly talented, but he has proven to be clubhouse cancer ever since he got his big contract. All its going to take is a few grounders not run out, or lazy infield plays and the romance will be gone. Then instead of the dodgers wondering why they're struggling they'll be blaming Hanley.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Padilla has that rep, but not even he is stupid enough to bean a guy with an 0-2 count... that was a pitch that got away IMO. Probably meant to throw high and tight inside, but doubt he meant to hit him.

You know as well as I do. High and tight 0-2, low and away with a Slider in the dirt 1-2 for the K.

He reminds me of another pitcher:

raasch02x-large.jpg

That was my nickname when I was 10-14. I threw heat, was a Lefty, and had ZERO control. :banana:

Saw that... how weird. Wonder what the hell it was he wanted, or maybe got cold feet before going thru with whatever the plan was.

i love family guy. past 3-4 years they do okay then after the allstar break they break down.

They've looked horrific since the break, which is sad b/c they had looked so good before it.

So happy about this trade... much of the talk centered around us giving up Bourjos or Richards to get him, maybe Conger in the deal. Instead we gave up Jean Segura... who is a top flight SS, but hes blocked organizationally from playing for the next 4+ years simply by who he has sitting ahead of him (Aybar, Kendrick, Izthuris, and to an extent Callaspo)

Hes MLB ready now, but has nowhere to play, so good for the Brewers there.

One of the 2 AA pitchers we gave up is Johnny Helwig who is a top-top pitching prospect, but still a few years out from being MLB ready so as much as I hate to deplete the farm system now, it pays off for the immediate future. He'll be a big part of a rotation in the future, he has PREMIUM pitches.

The Rangers passed on pretty much the exact same deal. They have a young stud SS prospect that they didn't want to give up for 2.5 months of Grienke.

Seems a bit odd to me since they have a pretty good young SS on the major league team now.

I guess we'll see who made the right call.

Showdown of the disappointing BP pitchers tonight!

BP = Batting Practice for Santana and Back Problems for Oswalt.

Plus with both clubs offenses disappearing with RISP this game has all the makings of a real ugly game.

Santana has a 15 out limit to prove to Scioscia and the organization that he still deserves a starting spot. He pulls another one of his 6 earned runs in less than 2 innings things again rumor is they plan to send him down to the minors and release him at the end of the year.

Santana has a 15 out limit to prove to Scioscia and the organization that he still deserves a starting spot. He pulls another one of his 6 earned runs in less than 2 innings things again rumor is they plan to send him down to the minors and release him at the end of the year.

I honestly never understood how Ervin got anybody out when he was going GOOD. Now that he's going poorly he just looks WEAK.

Honestly, Ervin has the best 'stuff' of anyone on the staff... minus maybe Greinke now.

His slider when its on is absolutely unhittable, his fastball darts all over the place, his off speed drops out. Problem is he doesn't trust his movement - he tries to nibble edges so when the ball breaks it ends up running right back over the plate.

He has the pitches to be an ace, he just doesn't have the mental fortitude or killer instinct.