Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask any real Angels fan and they'll tell you they hate the name... they should be the Anaheim Angels or California Angels. You'll even see shirts all over the stadium at any game that say

"THIS ISN'T LOS ÅNGELES"

Arte is a great owner, but that was one of the worst decisions he ever made and now I think he sticks to it out of simply being stubborn. Scary part is theres grumblings that he has intentions of moving the team to LA Live near Staples Center and the proposed location for Farmers Field... which would kill the current fanbase. I get the 'media' thing, but they've broken attendance records every year in Anaheim b/c of where it is and the family environment. It would be sad to see him move the team.

I've never understood why Arte thought it was so key that the team be associated with a major market by name. When it first happened he justified it by saying that most people outside of SoCal "Don't know where Anaheim is". If thats really the justification then go back to calling them the California Angels. Geographically they are a major market.

Not sure why that really matters... but for whatever reason hes stuck to it. In the end the only people calling them "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" are the talking heads on TV. Any fan in the stands will still call them the Anaheim Angels.

Fortunately our football team here isn't called the Boston Patriots of Foxboro. Most people don't know where Foxboro is, but it definitely isn't part of Boston. Because of this, I'm glad they call them the New England Patriots. Like you said, if not knowing where Anaheim is the reason, go back to calling them the California Angels like they were for 31 years.

It's hard to believe but Disney had the right idea when they renamed them the Anaheim Angels. Their idea was to tie the Angels in w/ Disneyland so everyone KNEW where Anaheim was. How about working to place Anaheim on the map rather than giving up and wiping it off.

If they ever moved the Angels to L.A. I would be heartbroken. I've been going to Angels Stadium since I was very young to watch the Angels, Supercross, Monster Trucks and also some church function that used to go on there.

I can also remember my very first time going when I attended an L.A. Rams football game there with my Dad. Everytime I go back "home" I make sure to catch an Angels game to bring back good times and great memories at the Big A.

Fun Fact... the Big A is now the 4th oldest stadium in all of MLB.

Fenway Park opened in 1912

Wrigley Field opened in 1914

Dodgers Stadium opened in 1962

Angels Stadium opened in 1966

Crazy to think b/c it definitely has aged well... doesn't have any of the fancy new stuff that some of the other parks have, but its definitely not looking all that old. I'll be devastated if Arte ever takes the team out of the Big A.

Dylan, who is your all time favorite Angels player? For me it's a close one between Wally Joyner or Jim Abbott.

I remember my old neighbor was the bat boy for the Angels and he brought me home a signed ball by Wally Joyner. I think it's in some boxes at my sister's house back there. I was on cloud 9 when I got that!

This weekend: I'm a Yankee fan!

Go Pinstripes!

Thank you! I do have those games where I'm a Ranger fan. :)

But than gain I'm one of those Yankee fans that love the game so I admire a lot of teams/players ..especially in the AL.

Yep ..even the Red Sox.

My old man was a die hard Sox fan.. wish he was alive to see them finally win a world series after all those years. My poor brother though ..Yankee fan and he lives south of Boston. His kids bust his chops but he brings them to Boston games all the time and takes it.

I'm also a Pedroia Fan. Think this kid is already Hall of Fame bound. Sucks he is on the DL right now ..The Sox need him.

But than gain I'm one of those Yankee fans that love the game so I admire a lot of teams/players ..especially in the AL.

I'm with ya there, bud. I love them all (well, maybe not the stinking Gi'nts).

But you gotta root root root for the home team.

Winning is, like, better than losing. - "Nuke" LaLoosh

I'm with ya there, bud. I love them all (well, maybe not the stinking Gi'nts).

But you gotta root root root for the home team.

Winning is, like, better than losing. - "Nuke" LaLoosh

LOL..nice! Great movie ..one of my favs.

"Witnesses said a heckling fan called Crawford, who is black, a "monday" before a game between the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and Portland Sea Dogs. Crawford said he interpreted the word as a racial slur."

Pardon my ignorance but someone please 'splain to me how this is a racial slur. Or even an insult. I honestly don't get it.

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Thats a new one for me as well, but according to wikipedia:

Monday

(US) A black person. Popularized by Russell Peters stand up at Def Jam.

Theres no place for any kind of racial insult in the world, especially in baseball where the color barrier was first broken and they celebrate #42 so much.

Tonight starts the Rangers v. Angels showdown... have my tix for tomorrow and sunday. :D