Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

Dickey's One Hitter last night was dirty.

Dickey's gem should have been a no-no. That early hit should have been an error on David Wright. The only run he gave up was on an error by Wright as well.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickey's gem should have been a no-no. That early hit should have been an error on David Wright. The only run he gave up was on an error by Wright as well.

If they are playing any other field besides Tropicana or whatever those geezers are calling that place now, that would have been an E.

If they are playing any other field besides Tropicana or whatever those geezers are calling that place now, that would have been an E.

Still could change. The Mets are contesting the call. Unlikely, though.

Two cool things I read this morning about the Giants game last night .

1. Cain was hitting golf balls from home plate before the game out into McCovey Cove.

2. The guy who rolled up James Bond style with the aquatic jet pack to catch a peek a history being made! :rockon:

Man with aquatic jetpack attempts to hover over Matt Cain

Wow. The Rangers just can't shake that flu bug. Josh Hamilton is in the HOSPITAL!

Yikes!

Here come the Angels....

Ah man are you serious?!? I'm going to the game tonight to root on my Astros and the last thing I want is a pitty win! :jester:

Another perfect-o in process? Ervin Santana is perfect through 6....

It's the year of the no-hitter.

--- Never mind. 2 out hit in the 7th.

Edited by Beemer

I'd still like to know why the federal government feels the need to get involved in determining whether or not a man cheated at a game, wasting time and resources when there are much more important issues at hand.

Clemens was found not-guilty of pergury. He WAS NOT found not-guilty of doping. Pergury is a very difficult thing to prove and the government was unable to prove it to the satisfaction of the jury.

To answer your questions:

1. Cheater - yes.

2. Liar - yes.

I'll add another:

3. Best pitcher of his generation - yes.

The whole thing is just sad.

I'd still like to know why the federal government feels the need to get involved in determining whether or not a man cheated at a game, wasting time and resources when there are much more important issues at hand.

Because it cannot be considered OK to lie to Congress. If someone is called to testify before Congress and there's reason to believe they lied the gov't has no choice but to at least investigate.

The problem is that the case the gov't built hinged on the testimony of people even less reputable than Clemens.

Because it cannot be considered OK to lie to Congress. If someone is called to testify before Congress and there's reason to believe they lied the gov't has no choice but to at least investigate.

The problem is that the case the gov't built hinged on the testimony of people even less reputable than Clemens.

"Congress charging people with lying is like zoo monkeys accusing tourists of flinging poo."

My point was that it never should have been brought before Congress to begin with to give him a chance to lie. If Major League Baseball has an issue with one of their players let them deal with it. Don't get our tax dollars involved.

"Congress charging people with lying is like zoo monkeys accusing tourists of flinging poo."

My point was that it never should have been brought before Congress to begin with to give him a chance to lie. If Major League Baseball has an issue with one of their players let them deal with it. Don't get our tax dollars involved.

Ha! I'm stealing THAT one!

I completely agree. That's just one of the reasons this whole episode is so sad....

The fact is that MLB had NO INTENTION of solving the rampant PED problem until Congress got involved and threatened to take away MLB's monopoly rights.

I think the Hall of Fame should make a section in the monument room that looks like a bunch of plaques have been removed - you know, faded spots on the wooden walls - with the explanation that this is where all of these guys would be now if they HADN'T cheated and MLB (and the player's union) HADN'T looked away.

I stole it myself which is why it's in quotes.

I agree there are many players that should have been in the Hall of Fame, but now don't entirely deserve it. I like your idea of the "would have been" plaques.

One could argue Pedro was better during his time than Roger was after Roger left Boston.

That's the great thing about baseball. One could ALWAYS argue.....

How many Cy Young Awards did the Rocket win after he left Boston?

4 - he won 3 w/ Boston for a total of 7.

How many did Pedro win?

Commence argument.

That's the great thing about baseball. One could ALWAYS argue.....

How many Cy Young Awards did the Rocket win after he left Boston?

4 - he won 3 w/ Boston for a total of 7.

How many did Pedro win?

Commence argument.

For some of that time, the Yankees offered a better lineup than Boston did. Put Pedro in Pinstripes over those same years, and I honestly think he wins 6 Cy Youngs. Excuse me, I have to go wash my hands off with hot pepper soap now. I just mentioned Pedro and being PART of the Yankees.

FOR SHAME!

For some of that time, the Yankees offered a better lineup than Boston did. Put Pedro in Pinstripes over those same years, and I honestly think he wins 6 Cy Youngs. Excuse me, I have to go wash my hands off with hot pepper soap now. I just mentioned Pedro and being PART of the Yankees.

FOR SHAME!

Didn't King Felix win a Cy with a losing record a couple of years ago? Most of the time the writers get that one right.

I'm not saying you don't have an argument for Pedro. I'm just saying that it's a difficult argument.

At Pedro's best he was the best I ever saw. Clemens was just great for a longer perior of time. Hmmmmmm...... PEDs?