Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

So amazing... I was AT the game last night for Weavers No-Hitter!! Most incredible game I've ever been to. The atmosphere in the stadium was just electric from the 6th inning on. You could tell most everyone knew what was happening, but no body wanted to get too excited....

Then the 7th and the crowds buzzing...

Get into the 8th and each strike it cheered like a home run....

Then the 9th everyone was on their feet and chanting weaver with every single pitch. It was nuts!!

Woke up this morning and have NO VOICE... literally... cheered myself out LOL. Small price to pay to see history made live.

Only 2 base runners, 1 on a strike out/passed ball - 1 walk (that looked like a strikeout to me) and the first no hitter at the Big A since Langston/Witt combined in 1990, first complete game no-no since Nolan Ryan in '75

Definitely gonna frame the ticket stub... and funny thing was at the start of the game when they announced weaver I look at my friend and said "We don't have too many 'no hit' type pitchers... Weavers too much of a flyball pitcher... something always drops in"

Guess that'll show me LOL

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So amazing... I was AT the game last night for Weavers No-Hitter!! Most incredible game I've ever been to. The atmosphere in the stadium was just electric from the 6th inning on. You could tell most everyone knew what was happening, but no body wanted to get too excited....

You're a lucky dog.

I was at the game in Houston when Craig Biggio hit his 3000th. (Not quite on the level of a no-no but very exciting all the same...) They passed out posters after and mine is still hanging in my office.

We had to go to Houston to get my daughter a visa and decided to take in a game at the Juice Box. He was 3 hits away. My daughter said "Wouldn't it be great if he did it tonight?" I said " You know how hard it is to get 3 hits in one game?" He got 5 hits that night. Plus it was a comeback walk-off win. One of the most exciting games I've ever been to. Oh, and they beat the Rockies. Sorry Mook.

Thats awesome... being in the stadium for something special is always something you hope happens, but realistically don't think it will.

I've been to games where the team has gone back to back to back... I've been there for walk offs, grand slams, etc.... those are all awesome and very exciting in their own right.

But you are very right... its rarified stuff to see a no hitter live... something not many people get to see unless they're at a lot of games. To think no one has thrown a CG no-no in Anaheim since Ryan in '75 puts it into perspective. Once every 37 years!! Crazy!! If patterns continue I might see another one when I'm 68 years old :lolsmack:

GREAT NEWS for the Rox....Jorge DeLa Rosa has begun his rehab stint in the minors (Tommy John Surgery). Hit 94 on the gun last night...five more rehab starts, barring setback...could be ready for the Halos here in about five weeks!

Wink Wink there vonKliest!

GREAT NEWS for the Rox....Jorge DeLa Rosa has begun his rehab stint in the minors (Tommy John Surgery). Hit 94 on the gun last night...five more rehab starts, barring setback...could be ready for the Halos here in about five weeks!

Yeah! We're gonna need him after Chacin's melt-down and trip to the minors!!

Was the ballpark really THAT empty last night? WOW. You were right, the bandwagon got a flat.

Yep... typical socal sports fans though... even when the park is crowded 25% of the people never look up from their phones or stop talking about things other than the game long enough to know whats happening.

Average weekday game attendance last year was over 30,000 per game, this year its down to 27,000. So with the slow start all the bandwagoners have jumped off... they should almost be banned from buying tix when the team gets going.

Has Albert gone deep as an LAAofA yet? I've been on vaca and unplugged...

Not yet... he hit the ball really square last night in all his at bats... problem was every single one of them was right at a defender. Hes getting it back... each game his swings look a little better. He actually went opposite field 2x out of 5 last night, which is a good sign.

BRING IT! :lolsmack:

Yep... typical socal sports fans though... even when the park is crowded 25% of the people never look up from their phones or stop talking about things other than the game long enough to know whats happening.

Yeah - I swear there was more interest in the beach balls and the "wave" at Dodger Stadium on Sunday than the game....

Can't say TX is much better. They don't clap or stand here until the JumboTron tells them to... And don't get me started on the Dot Race.

Ugh... the wave! The stupid freakin' wave!!!!

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to show your post to my wife. She thinks I'm the only person in the world that gets pissed off about the stoopid wave.

....and when there's 2 outs and 2 strikes in the 9th... Who's that loser that's always down on the second row that turns around and tries to get everyone to stand up? This is America! You stand up when YOU want to stand up and I'LL stand up when I want to stand up. Everyone's happy!

Seriously - it's a good thing I'm not God. I'd be smiting people left and right.

Mariano is out for the year :(

I'm going into hibernation till next season

Yeah, it always comes down to what happens in October. I think we are going to be lucky to make it into the post season this year.

Well I am a Yankee fan. We are having a rough go, and it looks like we might have lost Mariano Rivera for the season, and possibly forever.

If/when Mo retires they should wave the 5 year wait for Hall of Fame induction.

If/when Mo retires they should wave the 5 year wait for Hall of Fame induction.

As a Sox fan, he's always been the enemy but I've got a lot of respect for Rivera. One of the all-time greatest closers in baseball, if not the greatest.