Customer Service 866.965.0400

Let's talk tuners....

InDepthAutoDetailing

i have a mac at home, but i kept my old Dell laptop from college just in case i needed windows while at home. i use it strictly for updating my Trinity and my navigation now

If I had kept the last PC i had it would be a PII 350 with I think 8 or 16 gig hard drive and 32 meg of ram. With Windows 95.:lolsmack:

Really curious to see how this turns out, might sway me one way or another on getting a DiabloSport tuner.

Not sure if you're wondering about mileage or performance so I thought I'd post what I have so far.

Since I'm still waiting on my CAI and the truck has 1/2 tank of 87 octane I decided to install the MPG tune. If you have a HEMI and don't like 4cyl mode, DO NOT install this tune. The tune causes the mode to kick in a little sooner and off a little later. However on my 40 mile round trip to dinner, according to the average on the readout, I averaged 18.2mpg. That included 2 remote starts of about 1-2 minutes each. It was a mix of highway and city driving.

Hope this helps.

Another note is I've called Diablosport probably 5 times with questions. Since its my first tuner and the first time I've dealt with windows in over 10 years I had a few hang ups.

Can't wait till Tuesday when I get the CAI and a tank full of 93 juice. :burnout:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Using a tuner without doing any sort of mods is probably worthless - eh ?

Len - 20 miles for dinner? Oh yeah... you're out there... ;)

I think it still takes the vehicle a few tanks to fully adjust to changes in octane. So, if your results aren't impressive after 20 miles of tank 1, give it a little while.

Using a tuner without doing any sort of mods is probably worthless - eh ?

Len - 20 miles for dinner? Oh yeah... you're out there... ;)

I think it still takes the vehicle a few tanks to fully adjust to changes in octane. So, if your results aren't impressive after 20 miles of tank 1, give it a little while.

Mods are coming a little at a time. Once I get headers, 35" or 37" tires, possibly lower gears, this thing will really come in handy. I was more just playing with the MPG tune while while trying to get rid of the gas that's in there.

20 miles- We went to south parkway pizza hut.

SRTLUVR says it takes about 5-6 key switches for the PCM to fully adjust to a new tune.

Really curious to see how this turns out, might sway me one way or another on getting a DiabloSport tuner.

Just installed my K&N CAI and I installed the 87 performance tune (still trying to get rid of the 87 that's in there) from the Trinity and HOLY CRAP! I can't wait to get the 93 in there and see what it'll do.:burnout:

I'm only scratching the surface of what the tuner is capable of doing.

Archived