Customer Service 866.965.0400

We are moving!!!

Sizzle Chest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply beautiful!! Very nice house and I see some potential in that garage. You just might want to knock out that back wall in the garage and just keep adding onto it. You can never have too much garage space!!!!

<<< Is totally jealous!!!

thats a really nice house! the pool area is cool!

i gotta have my space between neighbors too! one of the reasons i'm moving back to midland permanently, i can buy an 1.5 acre lot outside of town and build what ever i want on it!

I like the pics of the garage the best at the end actually - haha.

I think you should make the garage the living room and the living room the car showroom.

Dude when is the housewarming party??? Congratulations you high roller you!

Is that door in the 2nd garage picture leading outside?

if so, install some awesome locks and reinforce the strike plate on that sucker to protect your babies :)

Make sure you get some window coverings for that huge window in your garage!

Then design some awesome lighting with some MR16 bulbs (I suggest a track light setup around the car in a rectangle in the ceiling, just for your car) and you are golden! Something like this http://info.lightplanet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/LED-Track-Lights-002.jpg

Make sure that neighborhood doesn't have some super strict HOA rules saying you can't detail, wash or work on your cars in your driveway. I know it *sounds* silly (and it is) but I ran into that when I was house shopping a couple years ago.

Most nice subdivisions such as yours probably has a HOA, and more often than not, there's a clause saying something about restricting your American rights to not work on your car in your driveway. The first house I put an offer on had a clause that said my garage door could not be open for more than ten minutes at any given time, and that any maintenance on my vehicle(s) cannot be done in public view, which means not on your own property unless you are in your garage with the door CLOSED.

Yeah this was a golf community with the whole pleasantville theme going on so they were kind of strict but as car folks, we need to look out for that. Needless to say I bought a house with no HOA and I don't have to worry about anything like that!

^^^Thanks for the info Jae. I am going to reinforce that door, it is the side exit/entry into/out of the garage.

I have a lighting plan already in mind! :) It's gonna look like the sun in there! Yeah!

Already checked and no rules restricting anything like that, thank goodness.

If you are looking for alarm systems check this company out. Vivint.

HOA removed our alarm monitoring off dues (of course didn't lower them) so just updated our old system and new company. Great system if you travel. Easy to use. Can monitor/operate everything from your smartphone and computer. just adjusted the thermostats, let the neighbor in to check on the pets and turned a few extra lights on. Good luck with your new home. Looks great.:)

• 2 months later...

Update!!!

Some updated pics of the new pad! It is finally coming along nicely. We are still in the process of being 'in between' our current houses...we have our current house we are living in on the market. Just waiting for that to sell so we can move our furniture over to the new place and really move in!! (we want to keep the house on the market 'staged' so it looks good for selling and not empty and desperate!lol)

New/progress pics:

Painted the old brown trim a new color, it really changed the look of the place! Also, stripped, sanded, prepped and painted the front doors

Outsideshotgood.jpg

Outsideshot.jpg

Kitchen with appliances (finally!) backsplash done and new lighting:

kitchshot.jpg

Goodkitchshot.jpg

New ceiling fans:

Fans2.jpg

Fans.jpg

Living room updates:

From this:

Buildinbeginning.jpg

To this:

Builtin.jpg

Builtin1.jpg

We can't wait to be fully moved in, settled down and living in the new place! (I can't wait to get the garage fully organized and fucntional!!)

Looking great!:bravo: Not going to let the wife see those fans. She wanted those in our living/dining area and talked her out of it. Told her it wouldn't look good. One set would have been perfect after looking at your pix. Oops.

Archived