Customer Service 866.965.0400

418 ls3

rimalm

Hey man, I just had this same combo built from TSP. I'm curious why your hp/tq #s are so low. This engine is supposed to produce about 625hp at the crank. That should put your rwhp about the 540 range giving about a 13% loss in hp from the drivetrain.

Hey man, I just had this same combo built from TSP. I'm curious why your hp/tq #s are so low. This engine is supposed to produce about 625hp at the crank. That should put your rwhp about the 540 range giving about a 13% loss in hp from the drivetrain.

Yeah TSP quoted around 650 @ the crank from this motor, and I'm sure it makes that much. One of the main reasons I'm losing quite a bit of power is due to having cat's, I kept them to keep things a little more mellow so I wouldn't be bothered by cops.

Also when I talked to my tuner he was telling me TSP usually builds very high compression NA (not good for pump gas builds) motors unless you tell them otherwise, which need higher octane to pull more timing for more power. Since I live in California we only have 91 octane vs other states that have 93. Once we get more E85 stations around here, I will switch to that 101+ octane. Tuner said I can make up to 30+ rwhp with it.

I didn't really tell TSP specifics when I asked to build my motor. I just said build me a LS3 and they built a quote sheet and I agreed to it lol.

What are the specs for your motor man?

Oh! forgot to mention car was dyno'd/tuned on a dynapak(machine is connected to the rear wheel hubs), and not a dynojet(wheels sit on the rollers). Not sure how much #'s differ between the two machines.

I'll have to take the car to a dynojet and see what #'s it makes on there, since that is what most people get their cars dyno'd/tuned on em.

Damn emissions, they ruin the fun for all of us. My engine is pretty much the same build as yours. Ls3 418, same cam, L92 heads. Ported stock intake for now. I don't wanna fork out $1500 for the FAST just to gain 10hp. Hard to justify that purchase. I should have everything installed and running here in a few weeks. Once it's broken in I'll get it on the Dyno and post some #'s. What did TSP tell you your Compression Ratio was on your engine? Do you have any video of your car? I'd like to see it!

Damn emissions, they ruin the fun for all of us. My engine is pretty much the same build as yours. Ls3 418, same cam, L92 heads. Ported stock intake for now. I don't wanna fork out $1500 for the FAST just to gain 10hp. Hard to justify that purchase. I should have everything installed and running here in a few weeks. Once it's broken in I'll get it on the Dyno and post some #'s. What did TSP tell you your Compression Ratio was on your engine? Do you have any video of your car? I'd like to see it!

I'm running ~11.5-11.6:1 on 91 octane right now..Just got my Fast 102 intake and going to be ordering a DuSpeed intake :)

I'm running ~11.5-11.6:1 on 91 octane right now..Just got my Fast 102 intake and going to be ordering a DuSpeed intake :)

Do you have anything in your car besides what's in your sig?

What does your car have differently than this one which says it runs 12.6's? EDIT: Just saw the You Tube test video where it ran a 12.1 :)

SLP Reveals 500-HP Pontiac G8 Firehawk Supercharged, Is It Worthy of the Name? - WOT on Motor Trend

Sorry, I know very little about the GTO's. I'm very interested in low number production cars, and I've been looking at the GTO's & G8's lately. Don't know if my wife would approve of 2 garage queens though.

Do you have anything in your car besides what's in your sig?

What does your car have differently than this one which says it runs 12.6's? EDIT: Just saw the You Tube test video where it ran a 12.1 :)

SLP Reveals 500-HP Pontiac G8 Firehawk Supercharged, Is It Worthy of the Name? - WOT on Motor Trend

Sorry, I know very little about the GTO's. I'm very interested in low number production cars, and I've been looking at the GTO's & G8's lately. Don't know if my wife would approve of 2 garage queens though.

I've done Heads/Cam/Headers-cat less mids-magnaflow catback/CAI/LS7 clutch/gmm shifter/full coilovers.

Those g8's are supercharged..mine is all N/A

Sorry for the late reply man. I don't have any videos of the car at the moment. I do have a Go Pro I got for my bday, but haven't had the chance to use it yet. I'll get a video up in this thread one of these days since the weather is warming up here.

I don't think you need a Fast setup either, GM has designed their new intakes really well, and ported/stock the gains from the fast aren't great. I was already spending a lot of cash so I said hell might as well throw one under the hood for the ooohhs and ahh's lol. Painted black as well:)

Look forward to your #'s man. Do you have a good LSX tuner in your area?

I just looked up the DuSpeed intake, and that thing is CLEAN! How much power do you think you'll pick up from the manifold and new ducts?

I just looked up the DuSpeed intake, and that thing is CLEAN! How much power do you think you'll pick up from the manifold and new ducts?

Going to have the Fast 102 ported by Tony Mamo @ AFR so between that and the DuSpeed I am hoping for 40-45whp. My tuner said I was dropping ~8kPa at the top of my dyno runs so he said the Volant intake and LS2 manifold is a huge restriction to my heads/cam right now.

Archived