Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bbq

LFairbanks

Oh man, another thread I am going to have to keep a close eye on!

I recently gotten into BBQ'ing. Before I was strictly grilling. I learned to BBQ with baby back ribs. Since then I have smoked spareribs and a Boston butt (pork shoulder). I typically use hickory chips in my smoker. I prefer to use it with pork, but I am looking to try applewood and cherrywood in the future. I have some mesquite that I am looking to use on some brisket and some other cuts of beef.

So here is what I did today. It didn't turn out bad at all. And believe it or not I found something the wife liked on the Egg. I did two different chickens. Seasoned differently. I used Sprite instead of beer. Asked the guy at the Butcher Shop and he mentioned he had done it both ways and liked the Sprite better. It then clicked. I have a family member that does awesome dutch oven and uses Sprite of all things. The butcher told me to drink my beer. I would have to agree. This was way easy to do. Anybody can do it. Took a chicken rinsed in cold water patted dry. Applied my seasoning of choice. Put half a can of sprite in the bottom and cooked at 350, indirect heat, for about an hour and 15 minutes. Until internal temp on the chicken was 170. Notice the white streaks in the pics. That is snow.

The below chicken wasn't quite done, but is a pic.

IMG_0323.jpg

This one was the other seasoning. It was like a Chipotle. The wife liked this one.

IMG_0356.jpg

if you ever decided to use a Corona (or anything in a glass bottle) you could just pour it into a can and use it that way.

Chicken(s) look good!

I thought about that too. May try it another time. Read somewhere on the net that if it were a beer in a can it wasn't worth using for bbq...lol.

Anybody ever try one of these? It looks pretty good. Not so good for the heart though...:lol:

Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes - BBQ Addicts - BBQ Blog

• 3 weeks later...

Did some Filet Mignon over the weekend. Turned out pretty good. Notice the difference in color. The red pieces were cooked on the Green Egg. The brown piece was cooked on the Weber, for the wife.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Been up since 0230 cooking some pulled pork. Got it going at 225 degrees. Should take several hours.

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

I thought about that too. May try it another time. Read somewhere on the net that if it were a beer in a can it wasn't worth using for bbq...lol.

Anybody ever try one of these? It looks pretty good. Not so good for the heart though...:lol:

Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes - BBQ Addicts - BBQ Blog

What a pain in the porkbutt those things are to make. I made two a couple years back. Not worth the work IMO.

I love my grill.

I'd die of salivating waiting on you to finish cooking! :drool:

It would be nice if it took as long to eat as it does to cook! :willy:

I thought starting as early as I did this morning I would have been done. It does look pretty good though. If it tastes as good as it looks Iam going to wish I did 2 instead of 1. It is actually bigger than it looks in the pic.

IMG_0402.jpg

If you guys get a chance there is a BBQ tour sponsored by Sam's Club and hosted by Troy Black doing contests throughout the USA. It is a points event with $100,000 going to the year end winner. The cool part is that you can taste the competitors bbq for free. And let me tell you it is gggggggggggggggreat.

Archived