Customer Service 866.965.0400

Update-Part 2...Extremely Mad!

the1inblue

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you stated: "They told me that they contacted GM Regional Rep and that he told them to fix it under a customer appreciation claim not a warranty issue.. . . . . . ."

"THAT" would be the first person I would be speaking with. Just my .02 because there has to be either an open or closed claim # that you can fall back on, now showing just how badly your car is messed up. If this GM Rep is worth anything, he should step in on your behalf and assist you until you car meets your expectations.

So I went to the dealership today and spoke with the Bodyshop manager. He was not there when I picked the vehicle up last week. He claimed he was upset that I had so much trouble with the car after receiving it. We walked ouside and I showed him all that was wrong. I showed the buffer marks as well as the the clearcoat issue (ie; runs, spots, etc.) I showed him the splotchy parts of the front stripes. He had pretty much an excuse for everything that I complained about. He could tell I was not happy at all. He asked me what could they do to fix this. I told them they could for one take the car to another bodyshop and have it done the right way. Well he denied that and told me that he was already losing money on the repair because GM told him they would not pay him to fix it anymore. He stated that GM told him when the vinyl stripes started to peel that it was the bodyshops problem due to them taking the car to a third party shop to have the vinly stripes put on and them not doing it correctly. He claimed that the owner of the dealership was pissed that they were still putting my money into my car and not getting anything from it. I told him that wasn't my fault and that I wanted the car fixed and redone the right way.

I told him I wanted to go back to the orginal color that the stripes were (which are Cyber Gray Metallic). He then went on to say he didnt know how to get the buffer marks out and that it was cause it was black that they showed up. I told him that wasnt the case and that it came from unskilled user. I told him I could take the swirls out and that I be glad to show him how and that it wasnt freaking rocket science! So he agree to get the vehicle fixed up and I asked him when can I drop the vehicle off and expect it to have it back. He told me to drop it off in two week because they are busy and that it would done the same week. I wasnt happy about that and said fine.

I left and on the way home I got to thinking about how they seem to care so little about getting it done in a timely fashion. So when I got home I called Chevrolet and spoke with a representative. They open a claim up and got my story. The representative basically told me they were sorry about the situation and they wanted to make sure it would get fixed. They put me on hold and called the dealership to see what was going on. The representative told me he spoke with the service manager and that he only had one record of my vehicle being repaired once in reference to the stripes and that they didn't have record of any other repair. The representative stated that a regional GM representative would contact me tomorrow and that a complaint claim was open.

I'm sure the bodyshop manager will get word I called Chevrolet and will be upset but I dont care at this moment. I just want my car fix the right way and I want it done soon! If something don't pan out soon then I guess its off to a lawyers office. I dont have money to pay for one but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

:mad::mad::mad::explode::(

Sounds like a little progress (?).

Nice job by the dealership for hanging you out to dry by not reporting any of these issues!

I'm sure the bodyshop manager will get word I called Chevrolet and will be upset but I dont care at this moment. I just want my car fix the right way and I want it done soon! If something don't pan out soon then I guess its off to a lawyers office. I dont have money to pay for one but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

If you don't want someone going up the chain of command, then make sure you and/or the people you are responsible for do the job correctly!

Nice job by the dealership for hanging you out to dry by not reporting any of these issues!

If you don't want someone going up the chain of command, then make sure you and/or the people you are responsible for do the job correctly!

Some progress I would say but we will see just how much really is...I figured a little heat from the top wouldnt hurt, haha.:D

Quote:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffcc; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset">Originally Said by the1inblue viewpost.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message -->

Man that really sux. Sounds so much like an incident I had years ago with a new BMW530i except it was silicone contamination under the clearcoat.(fisheyes I think may have been the term they called it)To make a long stort short.The dealer was uncooperative, BMWNA didn't have a clue what was going on, after they found out sent a paint expert out and it was fixed a week later. Man sure hope you get it straightened out.

Dude, I went through the IDENTICAL THING. OPEN CLAIM BLAH BLAH BLAH. Your wasting your time and your getting the run around. You will get a call back in a few days apologizing for the issue and say they have been allowed to offer you a maintenance package for your troubles good for 18 months.

Call the lemon law lawyer. The dealer sees you as a non threat. Also, now that you called gm they are really not going to give a S*!t. Again, i went through exactly what your dealing with except with mechanical issues. What your doing is wasting time and playing their textbook game.

Also, as an FYI please when your right a story that long break it into paragraphs, its very hard to read just one "blotch" of writing.

Honestly, i really hope it works out for you not having to deal with a lawyer. Lemon law lawyers dont cost anything until you get settlement or if they choose to replace your car then GM has to pay for the lawyer fees. I wish when i was going through what i did i had someone to tell me just get a lawyer. I would have been so much further ahead. Basically now they are going to F*&%^ with you. They are going to trash your car even more (in my case they purposely installed the wrong gasket, another dealer verified.) So they dont have to deal with you anymore.

Brendan I think the only issue I will be running into as far as a lemon is that none of this is warranty work. Its being done under as what GM calls a "goodwill" claim.

I've had some issues I had with the car before. I had a LSD Clutch Rearend Noise, the Radio/Sat antenna had to be replaced (had to do this twice), and airbag light came on. All covered under warranty. So maybe with all of it combined then maybe It will fit the lemon law. Ill have to talk to a lemon law lawyer and find out. I appreciate your help! :cheers:

The paint is the lemon and the fact they have tried a couple of times to repair it and it keeps getting worse. The fact the original stripe didn't stay on is likely due to the original paint or clear coat. Let the lawyer develop the best case to get it fixed.

I hate to tell ya man, but forget a lawyer. With what you'll spend on that, you could have just pocketed the $$$ to spend on getting your car done CORRECTLY. :(:)

That is exactly what these big corportations hope for. They think they're the giant and you have no ability to fight them. I had an issue with the State several years ago, and as soon I started to fight, the City, joined in. I didn't back down and eventually they both gave up and I got the issue resolved in my favor. Good Luck Jon.

That is exactly what these big corporations hope for. They think they're the giant and you have no ability to fight them. I had an issue with the State several years ago, and as soon I started to fight, the City, joined in. I didn't back down and eventually they both gave up and I got the issue resolved in my favor. Good Luck Jon.

If I was you I would forget trying to deal with the stealer, get a lawyer sooner rather than latter. You have all the documentation and talking with a good attorney should cost you nothing.

If your attorney thinks you have a case against the dealer and or gm you will not have any out of pocket cost.

The dealer screwed up your car now he needs to make it right. The way your car is now it has diminished value and it is up to you have them make it right.

Quit talking to the dealer and get a lawyer. They are stringing you along. Which is exactly what they want and you are playing right into it. I had a very similar problem a few years back. Not a paint issue but a mechanical issue and they tried the same thing. GM would not help until the lawyer got involved. Only than did they cooperate. But they ended up losing a customer. Probably for life. I don't see myself ever going back.

GM is the worst.

Archived