Customer Service 866.965.0400

iPad

Ragweed

I was able to edit Excel/Word Docs/Power point and View PDF files.

Being a Network Admin, remote access is a HUGE part of my job to make sure my Servers Virtual/Physical are up and running, as well as checking backup.

We found an App that would allow Terminal Server Connections and I was able to RDP into my Servers via IPAD from outside my office either wifi/3G.

After using an Ipad for a week I left my notebook in office and never took it anywhere again!

Which apps were you using for remote access? I'm not a huge fan of the ones I've tried so far. They get the job done, but controlling the remote machine has been a bit awkward with them.

Which apps were you using for remote access? I'm not a huge fan of the ones I've tried so far. They get the job done, but controlling the remote machine has been a bit awkward with them.

I use Team Viewer for remote access to my home computer. It's not the greatest either, but it gets the job done for what little I use it for.

We were using Desktop Connect V2 at the time not sure what version they are on now.

We were using Desktop Connect V2 at the time not sure what version they are on now.

It's at 4.3 now. That's the app I have and been using. It's the best that I found awhile back, but still not what I'd call ideal. A lot of my issue though is conceptual and I'm not sure if there's a good way around it. Translating the touch controls of the iPad to mouse based controls of my Macs has inherent interface issues.

The new position I have now we are running Citrix, I know there is a citrix reciever. My IT DIR was testing it for a few weeks, found some bugs but all in all very workable. As I dont have an Ipad yet I cant compare working over citrix to DC V4.

Well when MS Office drops for the Ipad it will be a whole new game.

I used the App called Pages to edit Word, Numbers to edit Excel.

For me it was this if I can edit Docs and XLS, and view PDF and now I can print from IPAD whats the point of carrying a 3 - 9Lbs PC. Dont get me wrong I am a PC guy all the way! But if i can work smarter and not harder...why not.

There isnt ANYTHING specific on the PC other than playing Vid games on it that the Ipad cant do. The next Ipad (3) will be a game changer from what I have been reading. And Notebooks are on the way out they just dont know it yet.

I see all of these uses for traveling, shopping, etc.

I guess that's why I feel like I'd never use it. I never travel, and I need a laptop for word processing.

Don't forget the other big use, reading while on the can. :jester:

Reading is one of my big uses for it. I keep one by my bed and couch that I use to read either books or websites and occasionally playing mindless games (bejeweled types) while watching TV. It's a lot easier to lay in bed with it propped up on my chest then to mess with a laptop.

We get a ton of use out of ours on the road too... load it up with some of Tanners favorite movies and shows, or stream netflix for the car ride and he can watch whatever he wants in the back seat on long drives or waiting at the doctors office.

Much more reasonable to transport for these uses and rather than having to start and shutdown a laptop we just close the cover and it goes to sleep.

Not to mention the battery life is utterly INSANE! I wish my macbook had half the batter life our ipad does.

Archived