Customer Service 866.965.0400

I think I went crazy with the metal polish...

the1inblue

Question

So my girlfriend step father,Joe is a service manager at a Mack truck dealership. They sell new and used 18 wheeler trucks. They also service the trucks. Well a guy brought in a truck in to be serviced. He wanted the aluminum wheels and fuel tanks polished back close to their original look. Well they sent the wheels off to a company and when they return the wheels look horrible. I got to thinking about it and told Joe that I would try and see what Adam's metal polish could do with the wheels. Well I only had like two ounces left so I attempted to do one wheel today. The wheels is 24.5 inches tall! Crazy big! So I attempted by hand with a microfiber applicator pad and well there was a difference but not to my satisfaction. So I tried the drill and a white focus pad. Still not like I wanted it. So I moved to a orange pad which is all I had left in my bag. It made a good difference. I got about the 70% of the wheel done. Here's where I need help. Do you guys think the MP#2 will make anymore of a difference and should I do another pass with a green focus pad? Here are the pics I took today. Any advice would be appreciated!

Before

2011-12-19_12-56-46_704.jpg

After

2011-12-19_12-55-51_821.jpg

Side by Side

2011-12-19_12-57-17_28.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ouch! How do you feel about using a red scotch bright pad just before that. I saw a video a guy restoring truck tanks and wheels. He used a red scotch bright pad then 0000 steel wool then polished it out with a wool pad. I was thinking same process but using a green/yellow pad in place of the wool pad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

HOLY CRAP! Thats a heck of a turn around. The wheels almost look like they were painted white before with the oxidation being so bad.

To answer your question about MP#2... give it a try and see! The only way to know if the improvement will be worth the work is to test a spot and see if you like it.

Archived