Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sold our House & Found a House...

Chewy

Nice of you.. when I bought my house they didn't want to fix anything..

and I'm still finding so many things that were covered up and some things that the inspector should have seen..

Mine were three things... Flashing around the furnace stack on roof (fixed), grounds and neutrals attached in sub panel (fixed), and a couple of windows that don't hold themselves up (parts on order).

All together, I've got 215 bucks in the repairs. :thumbsup: I DID just remodel the whole house though. Not a lot wrong with it.

Chris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been having to fix quite a few things so I'm practically remodeling.. the basement has been remodeled for sure (still in process)

it kills me when Zillow sends me an email from time to time telling me my Zestimate and that it keeps decreasing.. I'm almost $100K less than what I paid for it in 04/2010 :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I've been having to fix quite a few things so I'm practically remodeling.. the basement has been remodeled for sure (still in process)

it kills me when Zillow sends me an email from time to time telling me my Zestimate and that it keeps decreasing.. I'm almost $100K less than what I paid for it in 04/2010 :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

WOW! That's nice! :mad:

I'm not breaking even on what I've put into it and what I sold it for, but I didn't remodel it with the intention to sell it less than 2 years later either. 4% interest rates are making me sell... We'll need a larger house in the future, so might as well pull the trigger now. I owe 88 on the house, and I sold it for 157,000, but I paid 100,000 for it. I've probably got 60 G's in the remodel. That's probably why the first person to walk through it, bought it. :D

Chris

still looking for a home...

Nice of you.. when I bought my house they didn't want to fix anything..

and I'm still finding so many things that were covered up and some things that the inspector should have seen..

Likewise, my inspection was a joke. I take that back it was a $250 joke to be exact.

I couldn't even consider selling right now..

I would totally loose my butt on my house. I bought it 10/2009 and holy geeze has it depreciated in value. I thought I already bought when housing prices were down... I was way wrong. I bet I would easily loose 30k if I tried to sell it today, if I even could.

Likewise, my inspection was a joke. I take that back it was a $250 joke to be exact.

I would totally loose my butt on my house. I bought it 10/2009 and holy geeze has it depreciated in value. I thought I already bought when housing prices were down... I was way wrong. I bet I would easily loose 30k if I tried to sell it today, if I even could.

I would lose about $70K and I thought I bought at the low point..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think we bought a house... We just have to get the paperwork drafted and signed. No realtors to take any of our money too...

It's not HUGE, but it's perfect for us. Insulated, 3 car garage is the bee's knees... :rockon:

Fingers crossed...:xfingers::xfingers::xfingers:

Chris

nice looking hosue there, what city did you find it in?

Thanks!

Staying in Bettendorf. This is about 1 mile from our current home. We love the area. The dog park is a 5 minute walk as well as the human park... lol Having a family makes this almost a necessity. :thumbsup:

That house is beautiful! Hope it works out...congratualtions

Thanks! We're stretching ourselves quite a bit financially, but it's worth it. We spend a lot of time in our home and we really can't beat the 4% interest rates.

Any of you over 5% need to re-fi NOW!!!!

Chris

Thanks!

Staying in Bettendorf. This is about 1 mile from our current home. We love the area. The dog park is a 5 minute walk as well as the human park... lol Having a family makes this almost a necessity. :thumbsup:

only been in that area a few times, but a very nice area for sure! That garage looks like it will be awesome

only been in that area a few times, but a very nice area for sure! That garage looks like it will be awesome

Yeah, it works for us... Small, yet has a lot to offer a family.

The garage should work out nicely. We have 3 cars, so we'll fill it right up for sure. I was hoping to have a bit wider one, but I'll make it work.

Chris

Chris that is an absolutely GORGEOUS home!! I think that place is pretty big but then again I'm shooting for a 2 car minimum garage for my first home purchase. It's a bit daunting going into a home as a first time home buyer but I'm still looking around right now. Found a few but of course out of my price range.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Archived