Customer Service 866.965.0400

Are you as selective with your maintenance as you are your paint?

LFairbanks

I'm with you.

All work on my car is done by me or my buddy who's a mechanic. My oil changes are always done at 2500 miles with Mobile 1 full syn or Amsoil if it's race season. Only use OEM oil filters and all OEM fluids besides oil. Spark plugs are done every fifth oil change. Tranny and rear diff fluid change every with oil change. Cabin filter changed every 5k miles. Also rotate my tires once a month.

Yes I am. If the car needs warranty work then it goes to the dealership otherwise it goes to Larry the mechanic. Larry is as big a car nut as any of us on this board and I know any vehicle I bring to him is treated as if it we're his own.

Likewise, I thought that I found a Larry. He had a small import business and did a terrific job, his name is Greg and now employs two technicians. My my how things changed, got charged for an oil and filter change, got home and the oil filter was not touched and the oil was very dark. Returned and the boss changed it while I watched, another time had tires mounted they are directionals and one was on inside out??? That is side walls say inside/outside. Do all I can myself. Double check that it was done correctly, when someone Else is doing the work. Never minded paying for a job well done. Rant over...

Archived