Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray Sealant

bnutz30

Question

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does the new quick sealant do on glass? I'm wondering if it would be better than glass sealant?

It will wipe right off the glass if you get overspray on it, but I wouldn't recommend applying it directly to the glass.. It will smear the glass when you use the wipers unlike the glass sealant. Been there tried this.

While Adam sprayed the hood for the video, he actually recommends you spray the applicator pad for application. So it will go a long way.

As for the glaze, if you have a lighter color car, you might not notice it as much. On my black, the glaze gives my paint that deep, wet look. It's one of my favorite products.

My car is black granite metallic.

Last night I used brilliant glaze on 2 areas of my car's roof. I need to go take pictures in different light and from different angles and let you tell me where it is applied. I sure as heck can't tell and wouldn't know if I hadn't been the one to apply it.

While Adam sprayed the hood for the video, he actually recommends you spray the applicator pad for application. So it will go a long way.

As for the glaze, if you have a lighter color car, you might not notice it as much. On my black, the glaze gives my paint that deep, wet look. It's one of my favorite products.

Sealant - Glaze - Americana. In that order.

Can you tell when you put glaze on? I literally cannot tell a single bit of difference, in any light, from any angle, when I use the glaze.

My only concern with the spray sealant is the cost per application. Adam uses a TON of product to do 1/2 of a hood and most of a front quarter panel. How many applications can you get per bottle? 2? 3? For $20? That's many many times more expensive than Americana.

This looks like awesome stuff. Do you put Americana over it, or just leave it?

Your choice, just like MSS. The advantage is the cure time is about 30 minutes for QS vs. at least 12 hours for MSS.

Superior to Americana for the last wax before winter?

According Dylan, it lasts longer than the waxes, but not as long as MSS.

Ok so I have been waiting for this for a while, my only concern is durability and how much longer mss will last over the spray sealant.

Is there any drawbacks to the spray sealant? Or once I order this will I have a good smelling paperweight of mss :D

I believe overall it will not last as long as MSS, but it is EASY to apply! I am looking forward to this stuff for the winter and on my wheels for a quick seal! deff. will not replace my MSS though

I really need this I would like to seal more customers cars but everyone wants their cars back same day so that kills the MSS. I hope the cure time is faster.

You do know you wipe the main residue off 30 minutes after applying MSS, right? You just don't add anything to it for 12-24, just in case a spot or two doesn't haze back up and need some more wipe...

What?Adams Spray Sealant??

WeeeeeeeHooooooo,about time.I remember starting a thread about a year ago asking when/would Adams ever offer Adams spray wax-a spray SEALANT=Even Better :cheers:

(It was a year ago but the last post on my tread was this April):

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/company-info-announcements/9279.htm

Right On Adams.

I really need this I would like to seal more customers cars but everyone wants their cars back same day so that kills the MSS. I hope the cure time is faster.

The word "QUICK" being in the title isn't coincidence... the new stuff goes on fast, comes off in a minute, and is ready to be layered in 20-30.

Ok so I have been waiting for this for a while, my only concern is durability and how much longer mss will last over the spray sealant.

Is there any drawbacks to the spray sealant? Or once I order this will I have a good smelling paperweight of mss :D

As it was designed it wasn't supposed to outlast MSS, we aimed for about a 2-3 month average window.... some of the testing has shown that it far exceeds that.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

black friday deal @ adam's - buy a case of sealant and get 6 bottles!

;)

i'm hoping for buy 1 flex pad, any color, get a flex polisher free! (limit 2 per customer)

Archived