Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally Getting Around To It

THE Mook

Back again!

Just tackled a little over half of the hood! I don't have a clay picture for you, as I floored that baby! :lol:

WW, Clay, 2x SSR, 2x SHR, 2x FMP will be the process here too. I am amazed at the results with this hood! You can see in the befores that this baby was SwirlCity and also Haze City! I've got the half closer to the wiper cowl left to do!

Thanks AGAIN for stopping by my little "detail diary"!

Mook

Before:

SAM_1216.jpg

SAM_1217.jpg

SAM_1218.jpg

SAM_1219.jpg

SAM_1221.jpg

SAM_1222.jpg

SAM_1224.jpg

SAM_1225.jpg

After a Quarter of the Hood:

SAM_1226.jpg

SAM_1227.jpg

SAM_1229.jpg

SAM_1232.jpg

After One Half of the Hood: (Notice the unpolished part looks actually a different shade of Blue? Yeah...that's NOT dirty.)

SAM_1233.jpg

SAM_1234.jpg

SAM_1236.jpg

SAM_1237.jpg

SAM_1238.jpg

SAM_1239.jpg

SAM_1240.jpg

This project seems like it's coming to a wrap sooner than later, although it still seems like I have a ton to do here!

Mook

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PT II From Today!

JUST finished the hood up through FMP! Here are the results! I am happy to say aside from some actual deep scratches, NO MORE SWIRLS OR HAZING!

My Dad's jaw almost hit the dirt when he saw the hood...just started laughing! :D

SAM_1241.jpg

SAM_1242.jpg

SAM_1243.jpg

SAM_1244.jpg

SAM_1245.jpg

SAM_1246.jpg

SAM_1248.jpg

SAM_1249.jpg

SAM_1250.jpg

SAM_1251.jpg

SAM_1252.jpg

I'm getting that original color back! :rockon:

I simply can't wait until I get to the MSS-BG-APW point!

Thanks Again for all the kind words and checking out my work!

Mook

Chris, the results that you are getting plus that priceless look on your Dad's face are making ME smile! It's a lot of work, but MAN is it worth it! :thumbsup:

I need to spirit my Dad's car away for a few days and do the same thing to it...is anybody else in? Anyone?:lolsmack:

Back yet again!

I was able to complete the roof yesterday from Clay through FMP on the FLEX. Today my goal is to get the front piece done, and then wash it and get it ready for MSS. We shall see what happens.

Before: (This was probably the easiest of all the truck. NO SSR here, only SHR and FMP. Gotta love the hail damage too!)

SAM_1253.jpg

SAM_1254.jpg

THIS Clay was beyond gone!!

SAM_1255.jpg

SAM_1257.jpg

SAM_1258.jpg

After:

SAM_1260.jpg

SAM_1263.jpg

Thanks yet again for looking, more to come!

Mook

Onto the Front Bumper/Grille. I will be taking this on with the PC and 4" Focus Kit. The smaller pad combined with the areas I will be working in here will be perfect.

Before: (I have my work cut out for me come time to restore that Grille. I may end up painting it, stay tuned.)

The Bumper is covered in hard water staining along the Chrome. I will be attacking the Chrome with SHR, FMP, Revive, and the MP#1 and MP#2 Combo.

SAM_1267.jpg

SAM_1270.jpg

SAM_1266.jpg

Results to follow probably after lunch...

Mook

what a project. Good work and keep it up. Looking forward to those bumper pics. Judging by the way you described the process and results to me over the phone, sounds like it's going to be something to see!

If he gets back before lunch today JD, I will drive it to show you! You know how bad that thing Was.

Thanks!

Mook

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes! I actually came into the office yesterday to work on the front bumper Chrome and the piece above it. Minor polishing left on the Grille piece, then it's off to get washed (where I will also hit the Engine Bay and Wheels and Wells). At that point, I will be able to concentrate on getting it sealed, dressed, glazed, and waxed!

Pics of the Bumper to come here in a bit....gotta get some stuff taken care of here first.

Mook

Back at it again yesterday. Needed to get a good 2 Bucket Wash in before I started the sealing process. I know, I did this one a little bass ackwards. So am I.

Products Used:

SAM_1279.jpg

Car Shampoo

Foam Gun

Merino Wool Mit

11x11 Wash Pad

APC

Firehose Nozzle/Shut Off Valve/Quick Disco Kit

DS

WW

Glass Cleaner

SVRT

In N Out Spray

Invisible Undercarriage Spray

SVRT-Water Mix (Engine Milk)

Boar's Hair Brush

Fender Brush

Great White, Waterless, Glass, and Edgeless Utility Towels

Befores:

Notice all the dried out plastics and rubber? YIKES! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to save some if any of it! I got all but the front grille waffle piece! That thing needs paint. :willy:

Still some hard water stains on the rear glass. I will knock that out later today.

SAM_1274.jpg

SAM_1271.jpg

SAM_1273.jpg

SAM_1275.jpg

SAM_1276.jpg

SAM_1277.jpg

SAM_1278.jpg

Durings:

For the Bedliner, I used APC and water, but mainly a bunch of APC with a Push Broom. I chose not to dress it because my dad hauls stuff on the daily and that seemed like a waste of product to me.

SAM_1282.jpg

The Fender Brush was the right tool for the job when it came to scrubbing out the tires and wheel wells! OH I also used it on the bedrails and step bars too. Letters are white again!

SAM_1280.jpg

The Boar's Hair Brush and APC went to town on these filthy wheels. Heck, they probably need another pass, but I will wait until I get time to whip out the Revive and such. Plan on getting that when I hit the front bumper again.

SAM_1281.jpg

I put enough Car Shampoo in the foam gun I was shooting clouds at the start!

SAM_1286.jpg

Dirty Engine!

SAM_1283.jpg

Cleaning the Engine!

I swear my forearm was gonna beat me in the face between all the APC shot here and the wheel wells and tires it hurt!

SAM_1284.jpg

Engine Complete! (Well Semi-Complete...I knocked down the "Engine Milk" then hit it one more time and closed the hood. It looked great two hours later also!

SAM_1285.jpg

Results!

SAM_1287.jpg

SAM_1288.jpg

SAM_1289.jpg

SAM_1290.jpg

SAM_1292.jpg

SAM_1293.jpg

SAM_1295.jpg

I hope I can get to the truck today. He's got some off site meetings and I am not sure if or how long I will have the thing in my hands. At the very least I would like to get the Revive Pass, and all clean-up items knocked out so I can get to getting on the MSS!

Fine Dylan Here Sheeze! :jester:

SAM_1291.jpg

Thanks Again!

Mook

• 2 months later...

2 Months and 1 Day later, I am finally able to complete the "paint" portion of this thing! Still need to polish all the metal to my standards, address the wheels a bit more...as I don't like them, and either replace the exhaust tips all together or try to save them.

I showed up to work this morning as this being the ONLY thing I needed to complete today. I feel like I did. After a Waterless Wash wipedown, a pass of Revive on a black pad from the Flex, I applied the new Quick Sealant. From there, I applied BG on a black pad from the Flex, and finished with APW.

Here are those pics.

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

My Dad REALLY loves his truck now! Keeps coming up to me telling me how much he loves the Blue. :D I am happy I was able to do this for him. Dude's my hero.

photo6.jpg

Great job man!

Couple questions:

What was your process on the water stained windows. My brothers CTS-V's drivers side window are like that. Tried clay, didn't work. What did you do to get the marks off?

Also, for the engine bay, the "engine milk" does that work better than In and Out spray? Or does it do something completely different I'm missing.

Thanks Chris!

Great job man!

Couple questions:

What was your process on the water stained windows. My brothers CTS-V's drivers side window are like that. Tried clay, didn't work. What did you do to get the marks off?

Also, for the engine bay, the "engine milk" does that work better than In and Out spray? Or does it do something completely different I'm missing.

Thanks Chris!

Stained windows--I flexed them man. SHR, FMP took care of it all.

"Engine Milk" is simply a mixture of 70% water, 30% SVRT, shaken like nobody's business, and then shot over the engine bay, evened out, then shot again. I wouldn't say it works better, it's just it gets more coverage. I still used In and Out Spray where I couldn't reach with a microfiber towel.

Stained windows--I flexed them man. SHR, FMP took care of it all.

"Engine Milk" is simply a mixture of 70% water, 30% SVRT, shaken like nobody's business, and then shot over the engine bay, evened out, then shot again. I wouldn't say it works better, it's just it gets more coverage. I still used In and Out Spray where I couldn't reach with a microfiber towel.

Thanks!

Do you think that a PC would work on the windows? I plan on getting a PC in the spring

Thanks!

Do you think that a PC would work on the windows? I plan on getting a PC in the spring

It should if the windows aren't too far gone. If I were you, I would get the 4" Focus Kit also. That way you can attack your windows with either the 6.75" PC Pads or hook up the attachment to your PC and use the 4" pads. It's just gonna take a little longer because of the difference in machines.

It should if the windows aren't too far gone. If I were you, I would get the 4" Focus Kit also. That way you can attack your windows with either the 6.75" PC Pads or hook up the attachment to your PC and use the 4" pads. It's just gonna take a little longer because of the difference in machines.

I planned on picking up the focus pads too since I have some tight spots on the rear of my car that the 6.75 would probably be too large for. And if the PC didn't take care of it, the focus pads can be attached to a drill too and that should do the job I would think.

Thanks Chris!

Archived